Speed Sensor>>>

there has been old trucker stories of drivers adjussting the speed sensor on hte back of the trans out some to get a higher governed speed (i guess due to the sensor not reading correctly) does this have any truth? 60mph is getting old fast.

its a 2005 vision 350hp with a 6speed trans

Edited by flsvt

there has been old trucker stories of drivers adjussting the speed sensor on hte back of the trans out some to get a higher governed speed (i guess due to the sensor not reading correctly) does this have any truth? 60mph is getting old fast.

its a 2005 vision 350hp with a 6speed trans

It is possible (sometimes)to unplug the speedometer sensor and the truck will run wide open MPH, however most owners/companys who have their road speeds turned down have the MPH sensor tamper settings enabled. What this means is if you unplug the sensor/tamper with the adjustment or any fault occurs with the MPH sensor it will derate the HP and you will be worse off than just leaving it alone.

well i tried to unplug the sensor it will run wide open only down fall is that it cuts the power down alot.... and there is no odometer. any other ideas you guys could think of to get this girl moving.

A dealership can reprogram the ECU to turn the road speed limiting feature off

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

this is what i thought of today i wanna try and hook up another sensor to the harness and see if it will give it its power back (my boss is cheap he wont send it to the dealer at all)

Just plugging in a new sensor won't do anything, the sensor has to read voltage produced by the transmission. A new sensor will cost as much as having the speed limit removed/changed. It should take about 10-15 minutes if that's all you have them do.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"