Mack Trucks Wikipedia Model Repository

With so many Question asked about particular models I thought it would be wise to start a wikipedia mack truck information tree. The main article about mack trucks is a bad place to start as it is an article about the company itself and its history (plus its also tied to the Allentown wiki and subject to zealous editing, they took out the BMT link).

I think it would be nice to start a new article with a rundown of all models. a/b/c/r/d/c even old rail stuff etc...

Then each model can have its own page listing variations and possible engines/components offered. This way we can setup a whole knowledge base for all things mack.

The thing is wikipedia is subject to edit by anyone and frequently random editors will edit articles to fit a particular view or wikipedia policy. I am going to start some basic pages and hopefully we can expand from there. If anyone is interested in joining in its easy make an account for free and then edit away but i ask you read up on wikipeda policy a bit. Also articles must remain neutral so stuff like best truck ever made best engine best this and that has to be omitted or it will be edited and possibly a neutrality dispute tag put up. No opinions only facts! If you look under the edit box there is a line to enter a comment, please do so and say what you did and why if necessary. Wikipedia isn't a picture post either so go easy on the image posting stay relevant and have good clear shots of the truck. Make sure all your images have copyright information or if you took them label them as such.

I am going to start a page called List of Mack Truck products. It will contain a rundown of all models and a breif summary. From there we can link to an article dedicated to that particular model line.

We will start with a list off all model ranges then create an article dedicated to that model range not a particular model. for example the article on B models should encompass all B models with history and a breakdown of the different model numbering and some pictures. Model number breakdown should be setup so anyone with a B model can figure out what they have and what was offered. Also any relevant links to B models can be put at the end (like BMT!).

This is a great opportunity to create a mack truck information pool for the world to see.

Some quick examples of pages I started (please add to or correct them!):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mack_superliner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mack_Titan

Maybe I am crazy but after reading a few posts asking about engines, model numbers and always having question on my mind it came to me as an idea to use wikipedia for our benefit. Also preserves the history. I hope as many of you as possible can help out as I know a few of you have tons of knowledge waiting to be organized for all to see.

If anyone here wants to contribute but isn't up to the task of fooling with the wiki code drop me a PM and ill get it posted up.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Awesome idea! Don't forget to put the BigMackTrucks.com Links in the pages! I am pretty busy right now, but I will try to contribute when I can! I can also add a link on the main menu here to the new Wiki page...

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Awesome idea! Don't forget to put the BigMackTrucks.com Links in the pages! I am pretty busy right now, but I will try to contribute when I can! I can also add a link on the main menu here to the new Wiki page...

Barry excellent idea. Hopefully we get so much information up that my head will explode after we (all of us!) are done :D

Oh and this is something everyone can use: Mack_Model_Production.pdf

Its a PDF of a list of production numbers for each mack model! everything from the very early years to quite recently is there. If you have trouble with the pdf put up a post and I can save it in another format.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!