Rim Off Sets

ducky698

hello, does any body know the rim off set for a steer axle? I have ten stud hubs on front and a rim off a kenworth wont fit as there is only a 1/4 inch gap between tyre and outer tie rod wich is a bit close I thought.

Grant

I have heard of trouble converting from Daytons(spokes) to Budd wheels, but if you already have Budd hubs the wheels are all standard, regardless of truck make. The only difference is if you were to fit a flotation tire which uses a wider tire & wheel, but they are usually offset to clear the chassis. Standard highway wheels are 8.25" wide, you may be able to find 7.25" width to help. Of course this is all for the U.S.A., Down under I may be all wet!

Gregg

I have heard of trouble converting from Daytons(spokes) to Budd wheels, but if you already have Budd hubs the wheels are all standard, regardless of truck make. The only difference is if you were to fit a flotation tire which uses a wider tire & wheel, but they are usually offset to clear the chassis. Standard highway wheels are 8.25" wide, you may be able to find 7.25" width to help. Of course this is all for the U.S.A., Down under I may be all wet!

Gregg

Hello, thankyou for the response. I was putting 8.25s on to go to the 295 tyre. I went and checked out the front axle yesterday that I took the buds off, it has shorter arms off the stub axles, they sat behind the rim where the arms on it now are past the rim and near the tyre. hopefully they fit, the axle I have is from a 1975 F and the hubs came of a 1990s CH

Grant