Enf707a

I know this has been discussed before, but what have other people done about sock-type oil filters for this engine? Has any one been successful in changing to a spin-on type filter assy?

Also any rebuilding parts(rings, gaskets, bearings) available?

:mack1:

Thanks for any help

Charlie Hatfield

Charlie,

On page 61 of the latest WOT there is an ad in the bottom right corner, the ad says they have rings for some of the post war Mack gassers, is the 707 gas?

Also if you know what size rings you need you can cross match them on the Hastings web site, that is where I found the rings for my ENF510A, Hastings is very helpfull, Emailed them and they help me find what I needed.

Twostick,

Can you send me some pics of your spin on conversion? I only have one filter and have been wanting to change over to the spin on type, now would be a good time to do it since I have everything removed from my block right now.

Thanks!

DW

1948 Mack Pumper

David, the Baldwin numbers is OF1308 for the head and B7577 for the filter (B7575 short version).

I am going to install it and use teflon lines. I will use the engine mounting holes for bracket

:mack1:

Charlie Hatfield

Thanks for the part numbers,

I forgot to tell you that you can get your gaskets from Olson's. I got all of the gaskets that I could not make from them, they even sent my first order to me with a bill so I could mail them a check when the gaskets got here. If they do not have what you need they can make them for you, mine were NOS with Mack factory part numbers and in very good shape. send them a Email with what you need and they will get back to you very quick with prices and shipping cost.

I do not have a source for bearings because my 510 uses babitts! I wish it did use bearin. you could probably get a bearing shop to match up with the ones you have.

David

1948 Mack Pumper