Oil Pump?

BulldogVision

Greetings gang. I just finished changing the oil in my 03 Vision with the e7 427 in it. When I turned it over I heard a loud crack, and the engine started and ran but no oil pressure. I lifter the centrifugal filter cap and it was dry. Did I just break and oil pump?? The engine sounded normal, and I did shut it down after about 30 seconds. I pre fill my filters and such. What has to be done to check the oil pump and how is it driven? THANKS!!!!

My 'ol dog has a bite worse than it's bark!!!!!!!!

Ummmmm....Is this the number I dialed????????

Well, I took the oil pump apart....There were what looks like small pieces of piston ring inside that really chewed up the one impeller. The screen on the pickup was bent up leaving a gap for foreign objects to get into the pump.... Well that explains my oil consumption increased lately. Looks like the inframe plans for this winter are gonna have to happen...... I don't see any real damage to any of the liners or piston skirts though.....

Well, I took the oil pump apart....There were what looks like small pieces of piston ring inside that really chewed up the one impeller. The screen on the pickup was bent up leaving a gap for foreign objects to get into the pump.... Well that explains my oil consumption increased lately. Looks like the inframe plans for this winter are gonna have to happen...... I don't see any real damage to any of the liners or piston skirts though.....

How many miles & hours are on that engine? Good thing it happened (I'm assuming at home) during an oil change instead of cruising 70 mph down the highway in the middle of nowhere.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

820,000 miles and geez I can't remember the hours. This summer was rough on the old dog. I spent most of my time in Louisiana and heck I doubled my normal hours between service cuz of idling. APU for sure next summer. I don't mind the cold but can't stand heat...