Saving For A Nice R Model

tonyed

I just joined and the reason why is that I think that I am going to devote some savings that I have to the purchase of a nice R model. I do not think that I am going to be able to afford a really tricked-out, fully restored one, but I would like to have one that is kinda nice. I used to operate a bulldog in the chalk mines before I joined the Army, and now I think that I may be able to swing it. Don't tell my wife that I am serious about this though, she would chop me up into little bits.

I just joined and the reason why is that I think that I am going to devote some savings that I have to the purchase of a nice R model. I do not think that I am going to be able to afford a really tricked-out, fully restored one, but I would like to have one that is kinda nice. I used to operate a bulldog in the chalk mines before I joined the Army, and now I think that I may be able to swing it. Don't tell my wife that I am serious about this though, she would chop me up into little bits.

What are you looking for in an R, year, model, tandem ,single axle,engine size transmission? I can keep an eye out for ya. Know of a few localy, one is a v8 diesel. Motor is all new and runs great, it is just sitting there, hate to see it rot away.

What are you looking for in an R, year, model, tandem ,single axle,engine size transmission? I can keep an eye out for ya. Know of a few localy, one is a v8 diesel. Motor is all new and runs great, it is just sitting there, hate to see it rot away.

I really have my heart set on the old equipment; 237, 5 speed, 44kcamelback rears. I am not really expecting to get showroom quality for the 8 or 10 thousand that I am going to spend. I can use the automotive crafts shop on post to store it while I get the tractor into better shape. I really do not intend to work the truck until three or four years from now, and then in intermodal containers. Before I joined, I did some work in containers and many lines offer contractors a once daily trip within the state of something like 90 or 100 miles from an inland city down to the container port. Small engines and 5 speed transmissions are gone the way of the horse and buggy, so if someone has one that won't run but the engine is not locked up, that would be a start, but it would really be nice if someone has one that will run, making the expense less. Thanks for your response, and I really want to join the ranks of bulldog owners.

Tony E.