370 H.p. 05 Granite Update

cargochief

I just wanted to update you guys on the info you gave me a couple mos. ago. To Mackpro I did the 12B upgrade seems smoother and a little less thirsty,runs a little hotter about 5 or 10 deg. and oil pressure's down about 5 psi to around 60 psi. It's only been 2 days so far. My mechanic asked me what all the 12B did to the engine I told him I didn't know and that would ask you guys. All the belt and tensioner info was very helpful found a broken idler pulley on the accessory belt and had them change belt pully and tensioner. Checked out the clutch fan now it cycles a lot more often than before. My only gripe about the dealership experience is when they told about the 12B said it would be $200 and take about 1.5hrs didn't say 1.5 labor on top when it took him 35 min. Then they said clutch needed adjusting charged me 1 hr for that and it took about 20 min. So how do I adjust my own clutch? I haven't done manifold press. gauge yet it's on my things to do list. Working 80+ hrs a week leaving me a little time on weekends for grease, tires and preventative maint. still need to polish all the wheels and tanks.

Again a great big thanks for all the previous information it has come in very handy.

Thanks Kurt

I just wanted to update you guys on the info you gave me a couple mos. ago. To Mackpro I did the 12B upgrade seems smoother and a little less thirsty,runs a little hotter about 5 or 10 deg. and oil pressure's down about 5 psi to around 60 psi. It's only been 2 days so far. My mechanic asked me what all the 12B did to the engine I told him I didn't know and that would ask you guys. All the belt and tensioner info was very helpful found a broken idler pulley on the accessory belt and had them change belt pully and tensioner. Checked out the clutch fan now it cycles a lot more often than before. My only gripe about the dealership experience is when they told about the 12B said it would be $200 and take about 1.5hrs didn't say 1.5 labor on top when it took him 35 min. Then they said clutch needed adjusting charged me 1 hr for that and it took about 20 min. So how do I adjust my own clutch? I haven't done manifold press. gauge yet it's on my things to do list. Working 80+ hrs a week leaving me a little time on weekends for grease, tires and preventative maint. still need to polish all the wheels and tanks.

Again a great big thanks for all the previous information it has come in very handy.

Thanks Kurt

Mack Trucks INC doesn't charge the dealerships for any software or datafile downloads for any grey motor (non-MP engine) except in some cases for a horsepower upgrade. We just charge actual time to do the download. For a reflash and datafile download for both ECU's it takes less than 2hr. The Step 12B is usually reflashing and redownloading both ECU's, but not always, sometimes it's just the Vehical ECM which allows the throttle pedal to be calibrated for better throttle responce. The new software and datafile on the engine ECU is unknown to me but it usually seems to help with the power/HP. Still keep an eye on the belts and tensioner as they can still fail when you least expect it. Next time you drain the coolant you need to replace the oil cooler inlet screen in the lower radiator hose as it connects to the oil cooler. Give me the last 6 of your vin and I can post a pic of your oil cooler set up as sometimes the lower hose has a trans oil cooler in it.

Mack Trucks INC doesn't charge the dealerships for any software or datafile downloads for any grey motor (non-MP engine) except in some cases for a horsepower upgrade. We just charge actual time to do the download. For a reflash and datafile download for both ECU's it takes less than 2hr. The Step 12B is usually reflashing and redownloading both ECU's, but not always, sometimes it's just the Vehical ECM which allows the throttle pedal to be calibrated for better throttle responce. The new software and datafile on the engine ECU is unknown to me but it usually seems to help with the power/HP. Still keep an eye on the belts and tensioner as they can still fail when you least expect it. Next time you drain the coolant you need to replace the oil cooler inlet screen in the lower radiator hose as it connects to the oil cooler. Give me the last 6 of your vin and I can post a pic of your oil cooler set up as sometimes the lower hose has a trans oil cooler in it.

They charged me for download and labor 322.00. Sounds like I need to make a call tomorrow.

The last 6 of my vin 019446.

Can you explain the clutch adjustment it can't be that difficult? I know it takes 2 people.

The truck has 191,900 miles when should I be thinking about draining the coolant if it hasn't been done yet?

The idler pulley, belt, tensioner and comp valve don't have any idea what this one is list to call, clutch adj., download was 930.00

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the time and info you've been a wealth of information Thanks so Much

Kurt

They charged me for download and labor 322.00. Sounds like I need to make a call tomorrow.

The last 6 of my vin 019446.

Can you explain the clutch adjustment it can't be that difficult? I know it takes 2 people.

The truck has 191,900 miles when should I be thinking about draining the coolant if it hasn't been done yet?

The idler pulley, belt, tensioner and comp valve don't have any idea what this one is list to call, clutch adj., download was 930.00

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the time and info you've been a wealth of information Thanks so Much

Kurt

In the pic "cooling1" part#26 is the screen, in the pic "cooling2" it's also at part#26. Mack says for regular antifreez (not extended-life) change every 2 years or 200,000 miles.

post-1740-032206400 1281532558_thumb.gif

post-1740-089579100 1281532730_thumb.gif