Dash Board Repair

the dash in my RS is a little worn out. Sun has beaten the padding to the point that it has cracked on the back side near the windshields.. What im wondering is if I can recover this dash with a new vinal pad pulled over it. or does the whole dash need to be removed? I have the windshields out so now is the time to fix it if its not to much of a Pain....

the dash in my RS is a little worn out. Sun has beaten the padding to the point that it has cracked on the back side near the windshields.. What im wondering is if I can recover this dash with a new vinal pad pulled over it. or does the whole dash need to be removed? I have the windshields out so now is the time to fix it if its not to much of a Pain....

Hello, I have done this with my dash, its all vinal now, the dash is easy to get out once your switches are out of the way, i did this one in 3 parts, the passenger section, the drivers section and speedo an top section in one piece. I also fibreglassed and bondo the holes on the top and removed ash tray etc.

pics in my gallery.

Grant

looks like a nice project there. dash looks great. I use the ash tray for change thats it would have been better if it was a cup holder. that and I dont smoke. Is the vinal tucked under the back side of the dash. It looks like it just stops where it meets the defroster holes near the windshield. If that is the case Im wondering if I can just full the current trears inthe stock dash and then have someone recover the dash with new vinal glued over the old vinal. what do ya think????

Trent