New To Forum

EAWheat

Hello,

I'm Eric and live in northern VA, I've been looking at Mack B61's. I'm into old car and equipment and wanted to get an old truck to tow them. I like the B61's the problem is I can't drive them, I don't have a CDL. I have considered getting a CDL, but I don't know what I'm getting into. 5K for a school and I can use thier tractor, 10 weekends in class, seems out of the question. We have a 10,000 trailer does anyone know if this can be used this for the test with a Mack B in Virginia? How about fuel stickers and physicals and log books, insurance etc, there doesn't seem to be too much information on this? Were any of the B61's under CDL? I like these trucks, but it doesn't make sense to own it and not be able to drive it. I'm hoping to find a way to make this work.

Thanks,

Eric

Hello and welcome to the site

Insurance....http://www.racensur.com/ ...pretty cheep if you use it for shop and show only

plates.... go to to your DMV and ask for antique plates.

if the truck is an anteque I dont think you need a CDL to drive. Diffrent states have diffrent laws. Check at the DMV. I will say It does help to have one if you get pulled into a scale house.

you wont need fuel tax stickers,log books or that other commercial junk with antique plates. Again just check with local laws to be shure in your state.

In IL You need a truck with air brakes to take the tractor/trailer CDL test. not shure if traile needs air brakes or not.

Hello and welcome to the site

Insurance....http://www.racensur.com/ ...pretty cheep if you use it for shop and show only

plates.... go to to your DMV and ask for antique plates.

if the truck is an anteque I dont think you need a CDL to drive. Diffrent states have diffrent laws. Check at the DMV. I will say It does help to have one if you get pulled into a scale house.

you wont need fuel tax stickers,log books or that other commercial junk with antique plates. Again just check with local laws to be shure in your state.

In IL You need a truck with air brakes to take the tractor/trailer CDL test. not shure if traile needs air brakes or not.

I have checked with VA, you can put antique plates on an antique trailer but not a truck. I have a call into our motor carrier people to see about the tax stickers. Thanks for the info on the insurance, I have a call into them about their rates.

Thanks again,

Eric