400 E-7 Fuel In Oil

I have a 92 CH613 with a 400 E-7 that we use as a farm truck. The truck had been trouble free for many years, then two years ago we had to have the head gaskets changed. The head gasket blew out between the heads and hot exhaust was coming out between the heads. After the head gaskets were changed the truck was great for the last two years, then a few weeks ago I noticed more blow by than usual coming from the breather tube. I checked the oil level and it was a little over full. I was at the end of my oil change so I dropped the oil and pulled a oil sample. I sent the oil to Blackstone Labs and they found 1.1% anifreeze in the oil but they also found 9.0% fuel. The copper, lead, and tin levels were also well above normal standards. I pulled a water sample the other day and it was within specs for additives. I know it is very possible that I have a leaking O-ring around one or more cylinder sleeves and that is more than likely my source of antifreeze, but how am I getting so much fuel in the oil. I only put about 4000 miles per year on this truck and I need it for harvest in a few weeks. On the advice of the Blackstone technician I am going to run the truck with the fresh oil change and pull another sample after harvest. After changing oil the other day I took the truck for a 5 mile drive, after sitting for a few days I checked the oil level again and it is almost a inch above the full mark. The water level has not gone down any so it has to be fuel in the oil. Where could the fuel be coming from? None of the injector lines are leaking where they go into the heads. Any help would be great...Thanks!

Edited by isaakfarms

I have a 92 CH613 with a 400 E-7 that we use as a farm truck. The truck had been trouble free for many years, then two years ago we had to have the head gaskets changed. The head gasket blew out between the heads and hot exhaust was coming out between the heads. After the head gaskets were changed the truck was great for the last two years, then a few weeks ago I noticed more blow by than usual coming from the breather tube. I checked the oil level and it was a little over full. I was at the end of my oil change so I dropped the oil and pulled a oil sample. I sent the oil to Blackstone Labs and they found 1.1% anifreeze in the oil but they also found 9.0% fuel. The copper, lead, and tin levels were also well above normal standards. I pulled a water sample the other day and it was within specs for additives. I know it is very possible that I have a leaking O-ring around one or more cylinder sleeves and that is more than likely my source of antifreeze, but how am I getting so much fuel in the oil. I only put about 4000 miles per year on this truck and I need it for harvest in a few weeks. On the advice of the Blackstone technician I am going to run the truck with the fresh oil change and pull another sample after harvest. After changing oil the other day I took the truck for a 5 mile drive, after sitting for a few days I checked the oil level again and it is almost a inch above the full mark. The water level has not gone down any so it has to be fuel in the oil. Where could the fuel be coming from? None of the injector lines are leaking where they go into the heads. Any help would be great...Thanks!

Sounds like it may be time to pull the pan and check some bearings! The fuel might be coming past the lower injector o-rings which would wash fuel down the cylinder rather than leak from the high pressure fuel line. As for the coolant content in the oil, I can't remember exactly when they stopped using o-rings on the liners in production, but at some point the liner o-ring was replaced with a bead of silicone applied to the counterbore. Over time the silicone can deteriorate. You may have an eroded counterbore allowing coolant to slip past the OD of the liner. Before worrying too much about that I would check the injectors, o-rings, etc as these won't require too much time to check.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Sounds like it may be time to pull the pan and check some bearings! The fuel might be coming past the lower injector o-rings which would wash fuel down the cylinder rather than leak from the high pressure fuel line. As for the coolant content in the oil, I can't remember exactly when they stopped using o-rings on the liners in production, but at some point the liner o-ring was replaced with a bead of silicone applied to the counterbore. Over time the silicone can deteriorate. You may have an eroded counterbore allowing coolant to slip past the OD of the liner. Before worrying too much about that I would check the injectors, o-rings, etc as these won't require too much time to check.

The most comon fuel in oil thing is injector orings , they get hard over time they can leak back up and by the hold down screw as well as previously described .as for the liner leak ,I beleive the liners orings were done away with long before 92 ,

The most comon fuel in oil thing is injector orings , they get hard over time they can leak back up and by the hold down screw as well as previously described .as for the liner leak ,I beleive the liners orings were done away with long before 92 ,

That's what I was thinking, but they temporarily used them again on some early E-Techs.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"