R600 Clutch Question

Im looking at buying a R600 in the morning with a Maxi 5 speed and I drove it today and you have to let the clutch almost all the way out to get it to move. Any red flags or am I having a brain fart? Shes a real dog and will need alot of work .

Sounds like the clutch is out of adjustment, does it have any free travel? Any problem with the operation of the clutch otherwise (noise, hard to push, etc)?

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

No , it shifts and feals ok to me other than that. Nice and tight.

If they'll let you do it before buying it I would pull the inspection cover off of the transmission and take a visual and see what it looks like inside. Check the clutch release lever clevis pin hole too. If it's worn excessively it will feel like there's free travel but the clutch forks will actually be pulled up against the release bearing.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Thanks for the info , im pretty nervous about buying it now. Its at a truck dealer. Anyone near Rocky Mount , NC today?

Damn! i wish i had known! i had 3 stops yesterday, started in roanoke rapids, then rocky mount, durham on the way back, trying to get all my short loads done ASAP these little mom and pop furniture stores are killing me! still have'nt forgotten about those trailers, just honestly have'nt had the time to get out and look at them yet! so whats the deal with this R-model? where is it at? may get back that way later this week, not sure yet................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Mark , right on 301 in Rocky Mount. Im taking it to a shop at 830 to have them see if the clutch needs adjusting or a new one. If it needs a new one im out and someone else can look it over. Like it said the cabs real bad inside and out but the trucks pretty solid with some nice re caps on all the rears. When are you coming back through? I was in Roanoke Rapids yesterday also.