Elictric Wiper Conversion R Model

• 3 weeks later...

Can you get more pictures? I've been wanting to do this for awhile.

hI, um will try tomorrow, the dash is in now and am halfway through wiring it up, it has a new harness so every single wire has to be done as I am using one of those keep it clean hotrod harness. the conversion was quite easy once the ratio was worked out.

1, unbolt air motor only. (leave bracket that goes through firewall)

2, I used a 2 speed ford falcon wiper motor( you may be able to use a ford mondaeo motor?

3, make bracket on opposite side of steering wheel, my one is right hand drive, the ("correct", right side.) :))

4, drill a hole in mack linkage, you would use bottom one, as your motor is going to be where my steering wheel is., the hole is about 2 inches away from center mack pivot, then weld on pin for the new arm from electric motor

5, now here is where you have to work out the ratio from motor to the amount of swing on wipers, as you can see i had to bring the pivot point in on the little motor arm, you may not need to do that depending on what motor you use.

hope this helps, will get pics and some measurements tomorrow.

Grant

• Like 1

Hi, try these pics also., the dash is in for good so more difficult now.

Grant

Thanks! This is one of my projects for this winter. I've cleaned the air motor many times and it last a couple weeks then starts messing up again. I didn't even notice your steering wheel on the wrong side.. I thought you just posted negatives.

• Like 1

Thanks! This is one of my projects for this winter. I've cleaned the air motor many times and it last a couple weeks then starts messing up again. I didn't even notice your steering wheel on the wrong side.. I thought you just posted negatives.

Hi, no its on the right side. :) you should still be able to do it with your steering wheel been on the wrong side :) just do it to the bottom arm instead of the top one.

Grant