Dm688S Or R688St

Hi Guys,

I have to choose between two tractors: a DM688S and a R688ST. The R688ST is a 1988 model and the DM688S is a 1991 model. Can you please advise me on the advantages/disadvantages of either model, and what the difference between the two is? Thanks in advance!! :thumb:

Hi Guys,

I have to choose between two tractors: a DM688S and a R688ST. The R688ST is a 1988 model and the DM688S is a 1991 model. Can you please advise me on the advantages/disadvantages of either model, and what the difference between the two is? Thanks in advance!! :thumb:

In general, if you're going to use the tractor for heavy hauling, such as moving equipment on a lowboy or pulling a dump trailer, then the DM688s will be what you want because it's heavy spec'd.

For normal on road trailer truckin', then the R688st would be more appropriate.

This is just a broad generalization, as it depends on the exact specs of each unit.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

In general, if you're going to use the tractor for heavy hauling, such as moving equipment on a lowboy or pulling a dump trailer, then the DM688s will be what you want because it's heavy spec'd.

For normal on road trailer truckin', then the R688st would be more appropriate.

This is just a broad generalization, as it depends on the exact specs of each unit.

Thanks for the response, the DM is actually a DM690S but i think it was converted to a tractor. Does anyone know if the low gear can be a drawback if using to haul heavy containers?