Will Older Carriers Fit Newer Housings?

57 bcr

Bought a cutoff from a CH with Hendrickson 40LH suspension, but no carriers in it. Have a set of 4.17s from a '74 R, will they fit into the newer housings? :SMOKIE-LFT::mack1:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I believe they'll fit the housings, but if the 74 R model was on springs then those carriers will not have the attaching points for the transverse torque rods needed with air suspension.

In 74 they would also have the tapered stud type mounting for the fore & aft torque rods, rather than the 2 bolt mounting found on the air ride, and later model spring ride carriers.

I should also add that I'm assuming the rears you have are CRD92 and CRD 93 type, which is what that air ride would have.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I believe they'll fit the housings, but if the 74 R model was on springs then those carriers will not have the attaching points for the transverse torque rods needed with air suspension.

In 74 they would also have the tapered stud type mounting for the fore & aft torque rods, rather than the 2 bolt mounting found on the air ride, and later model spring ride carriers.

I should also add that I'm assuming the rears you have are CRD92 and CRD 93 type, which is what that air ride would have.

Thanks HK for the info.I measured the housings and the donor camelback rears,but wasn't sure.Without the carriers out of the donor cutoff,I thought something could be off.The transverse tourque rod brackets bolt to the back of the carrier housings,I believe (around where the through shaft would come out of the front one).I got all of that stuff with it,so hopefully it will convert with little problems(yeah right).It'll be done just down the road from you in Oshkosh.Thanks again :thumb::mack1:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA