85 R Modle Inj.pump

IH nut

Hey guys, got a guy who wants me to replace the inj. pump on his 85, I think he said its a em6 ? first off the pump shop said it only goes in one way, I did see the pump and found that the gear looks like that would be the case. Is this true? also does the air compressor have to come out or can you lift the pump up and over it as it comes back. Any info would be great, done a fair amount of inj. pumps in my day, just never on a mack.

Thanx inadvance.

Paul

Hey guys, got a guy who wants me to replace the inj. pump on his 85, I think he said its a em6 ? first off the pump shop said it only goes in one way, I did see the pump and found that the gear looks like that would be the case. Is this true? also does the air compressor have to come out or can you lift the pump up and over it as it comes back. Any info would be great, done a fair amount of inj. pumps in my day, just never on a mack.

Thanx inadvance.

Paul

Yes, it will only go on one way if the engine rotation is not disturbed and you do not need to remove the air compressor to remove the injection pump.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Yes, it will only go on one way if the engine rotation is not disturbed and you do not need to remove the air compressor to remove the injection pump.

Rob

Thank you Rob,

Looks like the first job I have on tuesday, so this helps alot.

Paul