Fuel Heater

I have a Webb 650 fuel filter/heater that is getting a bit old. The FS1029 is the only element that comes with the correct bowl gasket but the o-ring that come with the filter doesn't fit. I have been using the old o-ring for quite awhile and I'm afraid that one of these days it will rip and I will have to replace the entire setup. My question is this. Does the fuel have to be heated??? There has been an ongoing argument around here over fuel heaters. My opinion is the cooler the fuel, the better the injectors will like life. Others say the fuel should be heated to flash correctly. I'd just as soon disconnect the coolant lines to the heater. Also, I've heard some of the temp controls in the filters go bad and the fuel is basically at 180 to 200 degrees. That can't be good........

Any thoughts??????

My 'ol dog has a bite worse than it's bark!!!!!!!!

Ummmmm....Is this the number I dialed????????

• 1 month later...

I have a Webb 650 fuel filter/heater that is getting a bit old. The FS1029 is the only element that comes with the correct bowl gasket but the o-ring that come with the filter doesn't fit. I have been using the old o-ring for quite awhile and I'm afraid that one of these days it will rip and I will have to replace the entire setup. My question is this. Does the fuel have to be heated??? There has been an ongoing argument around here over fuel heaters. My opinion is the cooler the fuel, the better the injectors will like life. Others say the fuel should be heated to flash correctly. I'd just as soon disconnect the coolant lines to the heater. Also, I've heard some of the temp controls in the filters go bad and the fuel is basically at 180 to 200 degrees. That can't be good........

Any thoughts??????

the shut off vaulve is missing on mine, so the fuel is to hot i think,

taking mine in tomarow for service i think ill see about geting the shutoff vaulve installed, my tanks get hot enough you cant hold your hand on them.