Model Maker Looking For A Dog

JAmarlott

This is probably going to be one of the most unusual "shout outs" you folks have had for a while but, here goes....I am building a hand carved Indy car. It ran @ Indy in 1957 thru 1960. It was qualified by rookie Don Edmunds in 57' and rookie Jerry Unser in 1958. No attempt was made in 59'and it was too slow in 1960. Edmunds was selected 57' "Rookie of the Year. The car was owned and entered 'Harriott Trucking' owner Roy McKay and carried both names as the McKay Special, The open-catfish mouth appearing grill sported expanded metal screen a chrome oval hoop with the RH Mack bulldog logo left of center.

This is the purpose of the "Shout"? I need to find that RH bulldog, to reproduce in a rubber mold, small (size of a nickel) and return. If a model truck kit builder out there has a extra "dog" I would gladly make arrangements throught this site or by e-mail to accomplish the task.

Here's hoping we can "Git-er-done"

Thanks, Zoom

Edited by Zoomalot

This is probably going to be one of the most unusual "shout outs" you folks have had for a while but, here goes....I am building a hand carved Indy car. It ran @ Indy in 1957 thru 1960. It was qualified by rookie Don Edmunds in 57' and rookie Jerry Unser in 1958. No attempt was made in 59'and it was too slow in 1960. Edmunds was selected 57' "Rookie of the Year. The car was owned and entered 'Harriott Trucking' owner Roy McKay and carried both names as the McKay Special, The open-catfish mouth appearing grill sported expanded metal screen a chrome oval hoop with the RH Mack bulldog logo left of center.

This is the purpose of the "Shout"? I need to find that RH bulldog, to reproduce in a rubber mold, small (size of a nickel) and return. If a model truck kit builder out there has a extra "dog" I would gladly make arrangements throught this site or by e-mail to accomplish the task.

Thanks, Zoom

wonder if a bulldog pin like you put on a hat looks the same? I have one of those,but I think the hat pin dog is turned at a different angle.It's about that size though.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

This vintage should be the old style half-dog that is standing on all four unlike the new style which stands on its rear legs.

I suggest you contact Dave at American Industrial Truck Models, he would be the one that I can think of that would be able to help the most.

www.aitruckmodels.com

The new style Mack Bulldog was included on the later model kits but, the old style dog was never mass produced in a kit.

Good Luck

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Thanks, Zoom

I agree with doug, i think your best bet is to contact dave natale at american industrial truck models, he has a large selection of vintage mack truck models and has the means and ability to cast one-off parts, i'm sure he could help you if you contacted him............mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.