Garrett Turbocharger(s):

Rob

Hi there, I think I've got a truck I going to install the 12V-71 into. My questions are these; I have twin T18A40 turbochargers installed onto this engine with a .96A/R ratio on the compressor side, and a 1.00A/R ratio on the turbine side. I know that the turbochargers are fitted with that A/R turbine housing for fast spool up from dead stop to 1800 rpm. In standby power generation installations, engines are called upon to assume facility load within seconds of cold start. I am wondering if the turbochargers will work in a varying rpm band due to truck usage, or should I have the turbine housings and wheels changed/modified? I'm really concerned about overspeed and catastrophic failure, rather than "brute force". My typical airbox pressure at 100% facility load (on load bank) is about 21 psi, with engine temp about 175-180 degrees F @ 80 degrees F outside temp. There was still more to go with the load bank but no need to push the envelope.

Thanks

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.