Ch Integrated Sleeper?

Yes mack did offer integrated sleepers in the 50's and 60's on the B models. There may have been an offering on the earlier A models also. Autocar White and international also had these versions back then. White reintroduced the integral sleeper in the early 80's right before Volvo bought them out and then dropped the brand name like a hot rock.

Mack did not offer this type of sleeper arrangement on the CH style cab. It is a shame, it does make a nice looking truck. I am a little concerned with the sleeper not being wider than the cab, I'd have to sleep with my knees bent. Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Yes mack did offer integrated sleepers in the 50's and 60's on the B models. There may have been an offering on the earlier A models also. Autocar White and international also had these versions back then. White reintroduced the integral sleeper in the early 80's right before Volvo bought them out and then dropped the brand name like a hot rock.

who else do you think they'll try (i said try) that on ? :SMOKIE-LFT::SMOKIE-RT::thumb:

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

• 3 months later...

Volvo had no intention to drop the White name until well into negotions with General Motors about their 1988 75/25 joint venture, when GM said the name "GMC" had to stay and thus the name "WHITEGMC" the dumbest name for any truck in history. How all the suits could sit around a table and come up with this I don't know.

In Volvo's credit, while White Motor Corp had some engineers build prototypes of the intergral sleeper, the first since the B-Model and the first with a wide cab, there marketing department never bought off on it. But Volvo took the White Road Boss II in 1981, put a decent hood on it, and focused on the Intergral Sleeper concept. There sales shot up. Then the Extended Sleeper in 1987. Nobody else ever had anything like it with a wide cab and long sleeper in one big cabin. Air springs under the bunk. Now everybody has copied it. Then the WHITEGMC thing came along.