Stupid Question

Rich Reinhart

Do you need to have a CDL to drive a Class 8 truck if it`s registered as an antique vehicle? I have heard 2 versions of this and this seems like the perfect place to get the straight answer. Thank folks.

Rich

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...

Rich, Here's the answer for your question for New York State from my wife who is a Dept. of Motor Vechicle clerk. Reguardless of the type plates you want , If it's registered under 26.000 lbs. a C.D.L. is not required.If however it has Air Brakes or Tank or is a Tow Truck a C.D.L. with the proper endosements is required to operate the vechicle on any roadway. She told me to tell you to call your local D.M.V. office for Pa. to double check. Hope my answer helps. E.S.D. :thumb:

Thanks for the quick answer guys. I`ll call PENN DOT on Monday to see what the rules are for Pennsy. Your guidance has been most helpful.. Reason I ask is I saw a nice Mack R sitting for sale outside of Shimersvile PA and it had PA Antique tags on it. I may go look into it.

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...

Hey Rich, Don't worry about the CDL to get a old dog home, That's nothing smooth talking and b.s. won't cure. The important part is to adopt that wayward old dog and give it a good home. lol :thumb:

P.S. {dont tell my wife about my illeagal truck activaties.} E.S.D. :chili: