Bosch Fuel Pump

macattack

hey guys. how does a guy adjust the fuel on a bosch fuel pump on a 96 e7 300 engine. i bought the truck used and it seems the pedal is very sensitive and just the slightest bump on the road will make the truck take off like a bat out of hell. i would like to slow her down if possible. i think the previous owner bumped her up.

thanks in advance.

post-5017-12691236032541_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, you got the best pump out there. It's the P-pump seen on the 94-98 Dodge pickups, Cummins 8.3, 93-97 DT408, 466, 530 IH, and the 93 Ford 7.8, I'm sure there's plenty more. Start out with pulling off the AFC(top cover with 4 bolts) and slide the little plate(fuel plate) forward. Details and pix are listed with the DT466 in the link Phantom posted, which is my site.

Yep, you got the best pump out there. It's the P-pump seen on the 94-98 Dodge pickups, Cummins 8.3, 93-97 DT408, 466, 530 IH, and the 93 Ford 7.8, I'm sure there's plenty more. Start out with pulling off the AFC(top cover with 4 bolts) and slide the little plate(fuel plate) forward. Details and pix are listed with the DT466 in the link Phantom posted, which is my site.

Easier said than done on this there is a tamper proof screw on the back side that is a real pain to get to!The fuel lines are right above It

hey guys. how does a guy adjust the fuel on a bosch fuel pump on a 96 e7 300 engine. i bought the truck used and it seems the pedal is very sensitive and just the slightest bump on the road will make the truck take off like a bat out of hell. i would like to slow her down if possible. i think the previous owner bumped her up.

thanks in advance.

before you go messing around inside the pump on this you need to look at the linkage . it is common for the throttel to be sensitive on a mack especially if the cab has air ride . you can put a longer arm on the pump and the jack shaft to make it less sensitive . also make sure you have the correct return springs and all the linkage is free and doesn't bind when the cab moves . also be sure the cab mounts are good ,ride height is correct. if the pump settings were incorrect you would have overfueling/smoke issues . much can be done with the linkage to slow down the way the throttel applies . if you can't resolve the throttel control with the linkage the adjustments inside are not going to help , you have wear issues with the internal linkage

• Like 1