12 Speed Question

I am R+R a 12 speed 1070b i have the the good tranny in and was about to attach the shifter and noticed that it will not work cause the shifter tower is now on the middle box compared to the front box on the origanal. What the shop did i dont know but i do know the front section was changed out cause the original one had an extra long input shaft. so i am thinking get a shifter that works or yank this tranny out and get one with the shift tower in front section??. :pat:

buddy

I am R+R a 12 speed 1070b i have the the good tranny in and was about to attach the shifter and noticed that it will not work cause the shifter tower is now on the middle box compared to the front box on the origanal. What the shop did i dont know but i do know the front section was changed out cause the original one had an extra long input shaft. so i am thinking get a shifter that works or yank this tranny out and get one with the shift tower in front section??. pat.gif

buddy

The only diffrence between the one you have and the one you took out is the shift rails !But the first section of trans has to come off to change out the rails!OR alter the stick!

and if i do try to use it the way it is will the gearing be compatible to the original. so for now i am at a complete stop and will have to wait till tomorrow for more in unless there is a tranny expert watching over me on this site.

buddy :pat:

and if i do try to use it the way it is will the gearing be compatible to the original. so for now i am at a complete stop and will have to wait till tomorrow for more in unless there is a tranny expert watching over me on this site.

buddy pat.gif

The gearing isn't going to change! If you got a the same model number its the same gears.The input shaft was likly changed cause it came from a cement mixer with a flywheel pto!

The gearing isn't going to change! If you got a the same model number its the same gears.The input shaft was likly changed cause it came from a cement mixer with a flywheel pto!

1070b If the leter changes on the end the ratio will be diffrent the shift lid locations do not change the ratio.

man u know your stuff, that is exactly what it was i saw a pto kinda sitting up on top to the side before they changed it out. what would you do? i have an extra shifter and the technoligy to make it any shape i want. The shift tower is dirrectly below the hole in the cab so a staight shfiter should work i think wada you think??

man u know your stuff, that is exactly what it was i saw a pto kinda sitting up on top to the side before they changed it out. what would you do? i have an extra shifter and the technoligy to make it any shape i want. The shift tower is dirrectly below the hole in the cab so a staight shfiter should work i think wada you think??

I would stright stick it! Simple as buying a stick !

Your working on an RW that has a remote shifter bracket bolted to the top correct?

That air shift can go in either or hole front or mid!

superliner 87 has a a plate on the rear box for reverse a one for nuetral i think for a pto then i have a air cylinder for low low with a swith on the dash

buddy

NO there is an air shift on the dash that oporates the Cylinder on the front section of the trans the rear is forward reverse And Split!

K There could be to openings on the front box or just a plate ! It don't mater where you put the air shift for low low it can

be on the front or right next to the stick it dosent mater ! I would buy a stick and put it in as is you may have to open up the floor hole a bit thats no biggy!

NO there is an air shift on the dash that oporates the Cylinder on the front section of the trans the rear is forward reverse And Split!

K There could be to openings on the front box or just a plate ! It don't mater where you put the air shift for low low it can

be on the front or right next to the stick it dosent mater ! I would buy a stick and put it in as is you may have to open up the floor hole a bit thats no biggy!

Bud Post a picture of the trans if you can!OR if your like me have your Kids do it!pat.gif

Let Us know how you make out on this!

my brother just came home and he is a whiz at this picture stuff

I pursuaded a shifter to fit and realized the threaded end was wrong so i welded a bolt on and now that problem is fixed. I think with Ya"lls help i may win this battle. The pics will be up soon!

Buddy

1st pic is old tranny 2nd pic is new tranny in truck and ssthird is new tranny in truck so far it seems all air shifters working as i aired up the truck and tried it out

Buddy

You Don't need myall's help your done! smile.gif

Good job! You'll be drivin it in an hour

You Don't need myall's help your done! smile.gif

Good job! You'll be drivin it in an hour

If you have any trouble with the low low remember that there still may be a spring and a ball under the front cover you may have to remove for it to work right with the air shift the truck it came from likly had 2 sticks.

If you have any trouble with the low low remember that there still may be a spring and a ball under the front cover you may have to remove for it to work right with the air shift the truck it came from likly had 2 sticks.

thanks for the help, where else can you get quality help on a sunday :banana: Ya"ll are awsome people glade to be a part of this, well i guess i will call it brotherhood. :clap:

buddy

thanks for the help, where else can you get quality help on a sunday banana.gif Ya"ll are awsome people glade to be a part of this, well i guess i will call it brotherhood. clap.gif

buddy

No aplause please just throw money!:)

WELCOME.gif