94 E-7 Cam

MACKTRUCKS4

I have to replace my cam in a mechanical 400 Hp E-7. I have a 427 turbo on it with super-flow injectors, making about 490 Hp. My question is what different size cams do they make? Should I go stock? or could I go with a bigger Hp cam? Like one for a 427 or 460 Hp. I like my horsepower. Not worried about economy.

post-147-1267066881186_thumb.jpg

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I have to replace my cam in a mechanical 400 Hp E-7. I have a 427 turbo on it with super-flow injectors, making about 490 Hp. My question is what different size cams do they make? Should I go stock? or could I go with a bigger Hp cam? Like one for a 427 or 460 Hp. I like my horsepower. Not worried about economy.

Do you have the cam out yet, there is a place called cam craft that will do re grinds ,and if you have a good core will give credit on old one. they need the # off the old one to match. when mine went , the guy told me he did many regrinds for mack corp. and built many cams for the pulling trucks........phone # 1800 426 2261 ask for charels, he may be able to answer your question about bigger hp cam.

GG2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Talked to Charles today. He wasn't much help with a bigger cam. He said I will have to get the cam out and take it from there. He needs the part number off the cam. He said he has a friend at Mack that will be able to help him with what cam has more lift and duration. A regrind is $150 per lobe and $60 to weld a lobe. They do all the cam repairs for Mack Corp.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Talked to Charles today. He wasn't much help with a bigger cam. He said I will have to get the cam out and take it from there. He needs the part number off the cam. He said he has a friend at Mack that will be able to help him with what cam has more lift and duration. A regrind is $150 per lobe and $60 to weld a lobe. They do all the cam repairs for Mack Corp.

THEY WERE A BIG HELP FOR ME WHEN THE CARBIDE WENT ON THE LIFTER AND ATE THE CAM, KEPT THE COST DOWN,,,,,,, WHATS IN YOUR RW FOR A ENGINE, NICE LOOKIN RIG

WHAT IS THE TRUCK ON THE LEFT SIDE IN YOUR POST, IS THAT A HUSKIE OR A RW.

GG2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.