En 401 Engine

DMorgan

Most EN401's ive seen were the blue-gray Mack color, same as the 673's. Some of the early ones had a black oil pan and timing cover. Most of the transmissions in the late 50's into the 60's were the same blue-gray color. and most of the transmissions in the early 50's were black also. Hope this makes it confusing enough for you, Mack never usually made anything cut and dry. ~Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Most EN401's ive seen were the blue-gray Mack color, same as the 673's. Some of the early ones had a black oil pan and timing cover. Most of the transmissions in the late 50's into the 60's were the same blue-gray color. and most of the transmissions in the early 50's were black also. Hope this makes it confusing enough for you, Mack never usually made anything cut and dry. ~Matt

Matt, Thanks for your help. I have a 673 engine that came out of a 753 truck that is painted a darker metalic blue. I think that it was probably arebuild that they put in the truck about 20 years ago. I don't know if it is the original color or if the rebuilders painted it that color.

Thanks for your help, Daniel

• 4 months later...