Turbo Drain Leaking

hatcity

2001 E7 427

recently had to replace section of exhaust manifold. removed turbo and drain line.

when putting back, I broke the O-ring at the connection to oil fill.

replaced with a # 214? o-ring, but still have leakage from the connection.

A) is that the proper size o-ring B)can I run a bead of silicone to seal.

Leak is not bad enough to show loss on dipstick, but makes a mess around oil fill to block

Thanks in advance Ed

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

2001 E7 427

recently had to replace section of exhaust manifold. removed turbo and drain line.

when putting back, I broke the O-ring at the connection to oil fill.

replaced with a # 214? o-ring, but still have leakage from the connection.

A) is that the proper size o-ring B)can I run a bead of silicone to seal.

Leak is not bad enough to show loss on dipstick, but makes a mess around oil fill to block

Thanks in advance Ed

Hey Ed

I have found it best to put two orings on that one in the groove one above,( I'm not positive of the number)

Also have found that you pretty much got to remove the fill tube from the block and start from scratch to aline everything properly And to be double sure I fill the cavity above the oring with hi heat! silcone Tighten turbo drain and block bolts lightly till seated then snug up!

Just an observation!

Thanks fjh for getting back so quick. i was hoping a light bead would do, but still have to dis-assemble to clean.

O-ring was cheap and I do have a second on hand. Its just a PIA to take off oil fill and all for that but I guess thats a monday project.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Thanks fjh for getting back so quick. i was hoping a light bead would do, but still have to dis-assemble to clean.

O-ring was cheap and I do have a second on hand. Its just a PIA to take off oil fill and all for that but I guess thats a monday project.

your WELCOME.gif Its the best way to deal with it!I pretty much do this each time cause we have to warrenty what we do!

It pays to take the time in my case!It looks like such a simple jobTo, but can be a PIA if you dont take the time!

Monday is now a working day. took care of it today, actually my son did. Wasn't that big a deal. Make sure it was clean and generous amount of silicone. will find out how it holds at the end of the day.

BTW- the o-ring was split. much easier to fit in there on the workbench. again, thanks, Ed