Can't Keep Wheel Seals In The Truck

MACK MAN

Here's the deal I had a wheel seal replaced on my 1989 Mack Superliner,right front drive axle.The shop that did the work was about 200 miles from the house.I get the truck home and look and oil is pouring out.I take the truck to my local shop,they pull it apart,for some reason the shop that did the seal put white lub on the spindal.Ok I have the seal replaced,new CR seal,drive it about 25 miles,oil pouring out.I take the truck back,they replace the seal,new stemco seal,drive the truck 25 mile,guess what oil pouring out.I take the truck back,replace the seal with a new national seal,here we go again 25 mile oil pouring out.I go back they replace it with a new national seal,I get about 3,500 miles look at it today and oil is pouring out.They have checked the hub 3 times it is ok,also checked the axle spindal,races and all bearings all ok.Called Mack and they told me CR has a wide seal and this will slove the problem??I have never had a problem with this truck in years,seem like since the seal with the white lub I can't keep a seal in the truck.The seal numbers have been checked and rechecked by 2 different Mack dealers.Anybody ever have this problem??could it be a bad run of seals??Also replaced the air vents on the topof the axle.

Thanks AL

Edited by MACK MAN

Here's the deal I had a wheel seal replaced on my 1989 Mack Superliner,right front drive axle.The shop that did the work was about 200 miles from the house.I get the truck home and look and oil is pouring out.I take the truck to my local shop,they pull it apart,for some reason the shop that did the seal put white lub on the spindal.Ok I have the seal replaced,new CR seal,drive it about 25 miles,oil pouring out.I take the truck back,they replace the seal,new stemco seal,drive the truck 25 mile,guess what oil pouring out.I take the truck back,replace the seal with a new national seal,here we go again 25 mile oil pouring out.I go back they replace it with a new national seal,I get about 3,500 miles look at it today and oil is pouring out.They have checked the hub 3 times it is ok,also checked the axle spindal,races and all bearings all ok.Called Mack and they told me CR has a wide seal and this will slove the problem??I have never had a problem with this truck in years,seem like since the seal with the white lub I can't keep a seal in the truck.The seal numbers have been checked and rechecked by 2 different Mack dealers.Anybody ever have this problem??could it be a bad run of seals??Also replaced the air vents on the topof the axle.

Thanks AL

Two thoughts

DID THEY REPLACE BEARINGS

MAKE SURE the right wheel bearings are in there!!!!! The bearings on some axles require a radius on the inner cone where it buts to the axle Depending on the axle!The number of the bearing can be correct EXCEPT it requires a letter in front or behind the number check and double check for correct numbers!

Also some axles require spacers behind the bearing is yours one of these and if so did they delete or omit the spacer?