Info On A Td15B

silverstar

I just got a international td15b. Actualy i have not picked it up yet, i just want to get some advice for this weekend when i do. Were are the key serial numbers located for tracing year and engine size. I was also wondering if these were good dozers and anything (weak points, maintence issues etc.) that i should look and watch for. I currently have a td8e and i like it alot. I want to start with that, then lead up to parts and repair questions later. Thanks

They were excellent machines, usually had the DT401 IH diesel with powershift trans, and they sound really nice with a straight pipe.

The weak link was the transmission. Always fully decelerate by using the decelerator pedal and make sure the machine is not moving when shifting from forward to reverse or vice versa.

Shifting at full RPM's without decelerating will cause the clutch packs in the transmission to go ballistic very quickly $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I just got a international td15b. Actualy i have not picked it up yet, i just want to get some advice for this weekend when i do. Were are the key serial numbers located for tracing year and engine size. I was also wondering if these were good dozers and anything (weak points, maintence issues etc.) that i should look and watch for. I currently have a td8e and i like it alot. I want to start with that, then lead up to parts and repair questions later. Thanks

The TD-15B's are a very good machine . IH had a good engine the 407d. it ran in many apps. the b and c series are basically the same , the 15C's had a dt 466 vs 407d. the early 15C's had 15b undercarage, but soon took on the more heavy duty stuff. on some early c's you could use 15B sprockets till they changed the dowel pins. basic frame is the same from the start of the B series till up to the end of the C series in the 90's. the trans, is very tough tranny. Is long as it is in good shape you should be able to do what you need. dont be afraid to push material in 2nd Hi, you may find that 1st Lo is to low. Are you looking for a winch for the machine, i have one that was on my 15C. It is for sale, and will bolt right up. We would push our 1951 heiliner pan, with 15 yards in the bowl.

Green Giant 2

Forgot to tell you , serial # tag is located on the cowl under the dash board and very early models had the 360d engine, still a good engine

Edited by GreenGiant2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

The TD-15B's are a very good machine . IH had a good engine the 407d. it ran in many apps. the b and c series are basically the same , the 15C's had a dt 466 vs 407d. the early 15C's had 15b undercarage, but soon took on the more heavy duty stuff. on some early c's you could use 15B sprockets till they changed the dowel pins. basic frame is the same from the start of the B series till up to the end of the C series in the 90's. the trans, is very tough tranny. Is long as it is in good shape you should be able to do what you need. dont be afraid to push material in 2nd Hi, you may find that 1st Lo is to low. Are you looking for a winch for the machine, i have one that was on my 15C. It is for sale, and will bolt right up. We would push our 1951 heiliner pan, with 15 yards in the bowl.

Green Giant 2

Forgot to tell you , serial # tag is located on the cowl under the dash board and very early models had the 360d engine, still a good engine

Thanks alot, very good info, now, i had heard that some ran a 361 and some the 407, how will i tell them apart, was there a hp difference? Also, not sure if i need a winch yet, i want to get the thing home, service and check it out. I want to make sure its sound before i put any add ons into it. Thanks again!

Thanks alot, very good info, now, i had heard that some ran a 361 and some the 407, how will i tell them apart, was there a hp difference? Also, not sure if i need a winch yet, i want to get the thing home, service and check it out. I want to make sure its sound before i put any add ons into it. Thanks again!

Horse power difference i can not tell you , dont have a spec sheet in front of me, but could find out.Finding out what year it is will help ,newer machines had the 407. also some of the under carrige parts on the older stuff can be crossed over to CATS nexus parts for chain and rollers..... would love to see a picture of the machine, i grew up on international harvester construction equip. TD-6 TD-9B TD-8G TD-12CXP TD-15C 500C 500E and an old TD14 thanks Green Giant2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Horse power difference i can not tell you , dont have a spec sheet in front of me, but could find out.Finding out what year it is will help ,newer machines had the 407. also some of the under carrige parts on the older stuff can be crossed over to CATS nexus parts for chain and rollers..... would love to see a picture of the machine, i grew up on international harvester construction equip. TD-6 TD-9B TD-8G TD-12CXP TD-15C 500C 500E and an old TD14 thanks Green Giant2

I will get you picks as soon as the snow quits flying. I cant thank you enough for all the info. jared

I will get you picks as soon as the snow quits flying. I cant thank you enough for all the info. jared

Snowing here to , just got back from plowing for the town.. were are you located... Green Giant 2

Akron ohio, outside edge of the lake effect, snow is always a guess, could get 1 inch could get 20, depends on the lake.

was wondering how things are going , if you got tha 15 B back yet other than the td 8, what else do you have........Green Giant 2

was wondering how things are going , if you got tha 15 B back yet other than the td 8, what else do you have........Green Giant 2

no have not got it home yet. we have, 490d exc, 450c, bobcat 773 and 873, the td8e and a bobcat 341 mini exc. couple of tandems and some misc. support equipment. oh yeah and not much work:)

no have not got it home yet. we have, 490d exc, 450c, bobcat 773 and 873, the td8e and a bobcat 341 mini exc. couple of tandems and some misc. support equipment. oh yeah and not much work:)

DAM COMPUTERS wrote a post and its gone..........was the 15 from a private or business. work was real slow last spring,almost dead.hope work is better this year, just bought a PC160 komatsu with 1600 hours, have old on for sale and money would be good for payments

Green Giant 2

DAM COMPUTERS wrote a post and its gone..........was the 15 from a private or business. work was real slow last spring,almost dead.hope work is better this year, just bought a PC160 komatsu with 1600 hours, have old on for sale and money would be good for payments

Green Giant 2

the 15 was a private person but he had his own buisness if that makes sense, basicaly he was a owner operator. what is your old machine?

the 15 was a private person but he had his own buisness if that makes sense, basicaly he was a owner operator. what is your old machine?

MDI/yutani same as kobelco ,just different paint 2 buckets and manual thumb 6100 hours good machine just time to go bigger and newer... do you own all your stuff or work for someone

Green Giant2

MDI/yutani same as kobelco ,just different paint 2 buckets and manual thumb 6100 hours good machine just time to go bigger and newer... do you own all your stuff or work for someone

Green Giant2

Own it, i am the owner, laborer, mechanic, book keeper and all around HMF, i guess. Heres the short story. I tried to get into the operating engineers at age 20 with no luck. My first buy was a bobcat and started doing landscaping ( installs only, no mowing). As time moved on i got more and more equipment and now we do mostly excavation. I am not a big company by far, i problably have more equipment than needed. We do septics, some site prep,residental and commercial, we have dug a few ponds and do some home addition projects with fondations etc. Any more though i do any thing to make a buck, gotta pay bills. Oddly enough i never worked for a construction company. I grew up on a farm (small dairy) and figured how hard could it be. Now i'm 35 and after tons of mistakes i find i'm still learnig. hay, whats your story, got any good or magical advise? Always looking to learn!

Own it, i am the owner, laborer, mechanic, book keeper and all around HMF, i guess. Heres the short story. I tried to get into the operating engineers at age 20 with no luck. My first buy was a bobcat and started doing landscaping ( installs only, no mowing). As time moved on i got more and more equipment and now we do mostly excavation. I am not a big company by far, i problably have more equipment than needed. We do septics, some site prep,residental and commercial, we have dug a few ponds and do some home addition projects with fondations etc. Any more though i do any thing to make a buck, gotta pay bills. Oddly enough i never worked for a construction company. I grew up on a farm (small dairy) and figured how hard could it be. Now i'm 35 and after tons of mistakes i find i'm still learnig. hay, whats your story, got any good or magical advise? Always looking to learn!

computers and i do not get along. i am the owner and operator/mechanic also . been runnin equipment from the age of 5. been around the block a few times and made some right choices and wrong. these no magic way to do it, just hard work.Was a family bus,till 2000 when i took control and in 2007 took full ownership minus some equip. Iam 34 married w/2 kids and takes up a lot of time , but wouldnt give it up. my wife takes care of the books and that stuff,after the insurance company wanted to term. our policy cause i only payed half the bill,she thought it would be a good idea if did that stuff.We own DM690 Tandem, 20 ton tag, F-450 service truck, 9 ton tag bobcat 435 mini, s175 skid steer, D5C dozer, PC160-7 exc. MDI YUTANI 140c exc, Dresser 530 loader, 2000 trojan loader, 1953 international heiliner pan , needs a good puher behind it, 1953 cedar rapids jaw crusher 8x16 and 2 old brockway trucks along with all my unfinished projects. lots of stuff to keep one person busy all the time. hoping weather break some so i can get a few early jobs, dont like to dew much in the winter,more costly

Green Giant2 DON SMITH @ D.SMITH & SON EXC.

computers and i do not get along. i am the owner and operator/mechanic also . been runnin equipment from the age of 5. been around the block a few times and made some right choices and wrong. these no magic way to do it, just hard work.Was a family bus,till 2000 when i took control and in 2007 took full ownership minus some equip. Iam 34 married w/2 kids and takes up a lot of time , but wouldnt give it up. my wife takes care of the books and that stuff,after the insurance company wanted to term. our policy cause i only payed half the bill,she thought it would be a good idea if did that stuff.We own DM690 Tandem, 20 ton tag, F-450 service truck, 9 ton tag bobcat 435 mini, s175 skid steer, D5C dozer, PC160-7 exc. MDI YUTANI 140c exc, Dresser 530 loader, 2000 trojan loader, 1953 international heiliner pan , needs a good puher behind it, 1953 cedar rapids jaw crusher 8x16 and 2 old brockway trucks along with all my unfinished projects. lots of stuff to keep one person busy all the time. hoping weather break some so i can get a few early jobs, dont like to dew much in the winter,more costly

Green Giant2 DON SMITH @ D.SMITH & SON EXC.

Any old brockway's out your area, any with the 12v71 detroit,,,sleepy time is here ,think the town's plow truck will be callin in the morn. Green Giant 2

was wrong,didnt have to plow but still cold enough to hibernate in the shop and work on stuff before spring is here. i can here that sweet sound of a TD-15 with a straight pipe out pushin hard, loved that sound byt couldnt hear after wards.the guy that bought my 15 has a cable control unit and a pull pan that is usable.

Green Giant2

was wrong,didnt have to plow but still cold enough to hibernate in the shop and work on stuff before spring is here. i can here that sweet sound of a TD-15 with a straight pipe out pushin hard, loved that sound byt couldnt hear after wards.the guy that bought my 15 has a cable control unit and a pull pan that is usable.

Green Giant2

only one guy i know has a brockway and i am not sure of the motor. i know he speaks highly of it though. as of now the pickup date for the 15 is on friday. i will give ya the low down once its home, then tell ya what i paid, let me know if it was a good deal. i know it has brand new tracks ( so new one is not even on). is the guy selling the pan? had one more question you listed all your equipment, what is your main line of work? also it says you have a dm 690, what motor, trans etc.. ours is a dm 600

only one guy i know has a brockway and i am not sure of the motor. i know he speaks highly of it though. as of now the pickup date for the 15 is on friday. i will give ya the low down once its home, then tell ya what i paid, let me know if it was a good deal. i know it has brand new tracks ( so new one is not even on). is the guy selling the pan? had one more question you listed all your equipment, what is your main line of work? also it says you have a dm 690, what motor, trans etc.. ours is a dm 600

my buddy wants me to buy the pan from him ,he never did use it but did have the cable control unit on the machine and took it back off cause he didnt want the extra weight on the machine if he didnt need to pull the pan, the pan hasnt moved dirt in 20 years.he thinks it would look good in my fleet,i told him only i got back the TD15. my main line of work is general exc. ponds ,basements,driveways,septics, site work,some commercial, i do alot of electical trenching for contractors doing town and school work. plus what ever pays the bills. on of my customers owns a very large scrap bus. and do all his dirt work,last year i had 110 days just with him, seems like on the bad years he always comes up with work, lots of it.

my truck is a DM690 with a 300L with a 2080 trans 44 rears and a 20 front, good tough truck.

Green Giant 2

Forgot to mention we also had a 1982 r model tanker truck and a 1991Dm 690 single axle tasnker truck, both used in the septic bus. we had.We also had 2 road graders, but one was used to pull a 11 shank chiesel plow for incorperating the septic into the ground. also had a SP-56 IR roller.

If you paid less than 14,000$ for the dozer you stole it

Green Giant2

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to mention we also had a 1982 r model tanker truck and a 1991Dm 690 single axle tasnker truck, both used in the septic bus. we had.We also had 2 road graders, but one was used to pull a 11 shank chiesel plow for incorperating the septic into the ground. also had a SP-56 IR roller.

If you paid less than 14,000$ for the dozer you stole it

Green Giant2

Been gettin itchy waiting to find more about the 15b, get it home yet.

GreenGiant2

Been gettin itchy waiting to find more about the 15b, get it home yet.

GreenGiant2

yup, got it home last friday. it started snowing as we pulled in and hasnt stopped. I havent had a chance to even unload it, i am really wanting to get it into the shop, just needs to quit snowing for a few days. love the money but the snow is getting old!!!!!