Toyota Recall

Double L

Toyota's solution to the problem...Remove the floor mats. What is that gonna do? Nothing, they used a faulty computer and blame it on floor mats. At least the Big 3 still use a good old mechanical linkage on their gas pedals. What are we gonna do when everything on a car is computerized? We'll be in a death trap for sure.

Link Toyota, which launched the largest auto recall in U.S. history last fall after incidents of random acceleration resulting in fatalities, has just announced an additional recall of 2.3 million vehicles to correct sticking accelerator pedals. The recall was announced late Thursday afternoon, after ABC News informed the company that the latest in a long series of ABC News investigative reports into sudden unexplained acceleration in Toyotas was about to air.

Toyota's solution to the problem...Remove the floor mats. What is that gonna do? Nothing, they used a faulty computer and blame it on floor mats. At least the Big 3 still use a good old mechanical linkage on their gas pedals. What are we gonna do when everything on a car is computerized? We'll be in a death trap for sure.

The gas pedal in my Duramax isn't connected to anything 'cept the computer.

But I make sure the floormats are in tip-top shape and where they should be.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

I thought GM still used a linkeage. I bet the problem is Toyota didn't use a RF shield to protect the system from interference.

The trucks with Allison transmissions are fly by wire. The rest of the GM fleet, I don't know for sure. Oh yea, when I had that Grand Prix GXP it was by wire too.....that car was FUN... :banana:

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

All of the modern electronically controlled truck engines have no mechanical connection between the accelerator and the fuel system, just wires.

There is a potentiometer type switch actuated by depressing the accelerator which tells the computer to accelerate, decelerate or idle depending on accelerator pedal position compared to current engine rpm.

With certain electrical issues this system can allow an engine to not respond to accelerator input from the driver, either accelerating or decelerating unexpectedly.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"