I Want To Buy This 9194 Cl713 E9 Dump Truck

I found a 1994 Mack CL713 E-9 T2180B, very nice truck, new tires wheels, new brakes, drop axle, highlift gate, The truck literally looks like new, love at first site. Problem, I know nothing about mack engines, a friend of mine is a peterbilt/cat fanatic and says its a nice truck but thinks an inframe on an E9 may cost twice as much as a CAT,

but honestly he has no clue. 28K

Milage/ Hours ???Nothin wrong with a V8 won't likly ever need a rebuild doing dump work!

It has 450,000 miles, it was originally a lowboy truck. I called Mack, here in Seattle they said "Great engine, however an inframe rebuild is at least 20 thousand, I could swap the e-9 to an E7-400 for around 15000.00. The last E-9 was produced in 1998, and parts are hard to find. Most people with E-9's rebuild evrything, such as the turbo, injection pump etc,however the inframe parts they can get no problem."

In my area the comparable rig is around 12 grand higher, so I'm thinking "Take the savings I get today and know someday my rebuild will equal that"

It has 450,000 miles, it was originally a lowboy truck. I called Mack, here in Seattle they said "Great engine, however an inframe rebuild is at least 20 thousand, I could swap the e-9 to an E7-400 for around 15000.00. The last E-9 was produced in 1998, and parts are hard to find. Most people with E-9's rebuild evrything, such as the turbo, injection pump etc,however the inframe parts they can get no problem."

In my area the comparable rig is around 12 grand higher, so I'm thinking "Take the savings I get today and know someday my rebuild will equal that"

If the engine has say 15000 hours on it, it has lots of life left!Providing its a stockfuel setting , Ive have seen em live250000- 300000 hrs no problem you could roll in a set of mains and rod bearings and it will live for alot longer.Bearing job 10 to 12 hours labor + parts.