1960 B Model Pumper

fbjcfd891

Greetings to all! I'm looking for a Zenith Carb for a 1960 B Model that our Fire Department owns. Ours went swimming thanks to Hurricane Katrina and well, there's just no help for it. I know this isn't a lot of info for the truck, I just came across the site trying to search for some stuff and figured I'd pop a question in right quick. I'll try to dig up some more info and post back soon.

Greetings to all! I'm looking for a Zenith Carb for a 1960 B Model that our Fire Department owns. Ours went swimming thanks to Hurricane Katrina and well, there's just no help for it. I know this isn't a lot of info for the truck, I just came across the site trying to search for some stuff and figured I'd pop a question in right quick. I'll try to dig up some more info and post back soon.

Hi there, what engine is in the truck as there were several gasoline engines in that era. Also if it is updraft, or downdraft.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi NIck

I work on a 1960 B85 F 707C with a Zenith Downdraft. Do you still have the carb, if so it can be professionally rebuilt for about $250-400, If not. there are still New Old Stock (NOS) Zenith carbs available for around $900-$1000.

Let us know and we can get you the info on the right contacts.

Good Luck,

Firemack

Greetings to all! I'm looking for a Zenith Carb for a 1960 B Model that our Fire Department owns. Ours went swimming thanks to Hurricane Katrina and well, there's just no help for it. I know this isn't a lot of info for the truck, I just came across the site trying to search for some stuff and figured I'd pop a question in right quick. I'll try to dig up some more info and post back soo

Call State Line Mack 1-603-585-6531 and ask for Jean

Global Truck Traders at 1-603-239-7008 ask for Al

• 1 month later...

Hi...is it a side draft Zenith? What engine do you have? Rick.. ruskor@blacktusk.org

• 4 weeks later...

Nick,

Not sure if its an option but you could rebuild the carb. The carb. shop has entire rebuild kits for pretty much all mack and i know for a fact that they have all the Zenith kits you would need. Probably the best place to go for carb parts and rebuilds.! I believe a total rebuild kit for a Zenith is around $ 125 to 150.

http://www.thecarburetorshop.com/Orderinfo.htm

Allison