Big Bad V8 Dm8 In Action

Guest 45LMSWM

I had another request from KCAM who wanted to see the engine. Looks like I am going to have to clean her up a bit and chase down some leaks. We fixed quite a few leaks on the engine when we first got the truck 7 years or so ago, but those pesky valve covers are always sweating. Doesn't leave any oil on the floor, though, and she really doesn't burn much oil, either, which is nice cause its hard to keep oil in the Cats. With them its either on the floor or going out the pipes.

post-1829-1263447191538_thumb.jpg

post-1829-1263447208919_thumb.jpg

-John

• 11 months later...

Hello, I'm a guy from Holland, Europe and I have plans of building a scalemodel of the DM800 Mack from Conforti. I try to gather as much info as possible to get my model as accurate as possible. I believe 'John' used to drive this very nice rig. Maybe he can help me with photo's or anything else.

I'm a serious builder, 44 years old and been building models since I was 12/13

Thanks,

Hessel

Guest 45LMSWM

Here is another short video clip of the truck.

I get a lot of heat over this one..."guy can't shift"..."guy can't back up"...BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Anyway...This video was taken by someone at the Mount Hope HCEA show in November 2009. We brought Holmdel Nurseries' Cat 955 up there to throw some dirt around. That's my son Andrew in the passenger seat.

The sound is good in the video. I wish I had a video of the shennanigans at E-town that same year. Maxidyne237 knows what I speak of. We are moving in a few weeks, and the old girl will be out on the road doing some short runs of equipment back and forth. I will have to try to get some good video, with that E9 thumping off the cold winter air.

-John

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest 45LMSWM

Don't know if this will work, but this is a short video clip taken from behind the wheel of our '85 DM822SX, E9-440, 12 speed mud stick. Truck is not registered so I was just taking a hot lap through the yard. The trans needs some top cover work, too...stuck in high split.

DM822 Video

-John