Weekend B Model Adventure

So, Saturday morning I hitched the B67 up to its 5th wheel RV, loaded with food, beer and other adult beverages, and off we went to the Jack Daniels Distillery in Lynchburg Tennessee. It seems that Lem Motlow left in his will, the provision that once a year the distillery would host a big picnic for all the old car buffs, and that the only requirement was that you drove an old car- or truck. We went down in convoy with several other old vehicles- held down to some 45 mph cruise, but made it easily in a couple hours. I had wisely booked an overnight camping space in the local RV park, so we went on and dropped the trailer and then returned to the car show. A B67 stands out- stands WAY in an old car show, and we soon had a crowd of admirers. The picic was held next door which happens to be in a "wet" county, so the Jack Daniels flowed free. BBQ, catfist and all the trimings completed the meal. I did my best to uphold expectations, and show my thanks to our whiskey-making hosts, but it was soon time to return, move the truck to the RV grounds and await the talkers and lookers who invariable are attracted to the big tractor crouching in the bushes. All this led to several more drinks of course. I understand I went to bed real early. But the drive home Sunday morning was really special- blasting along those country roads with the turbo whining. We had a pickup pass us, slow down, and a head and shoulders emerge from the rear window to take a few snapshots of us. That does not happen in a modern vehicle. Much fun.

Been awile since we heard of any of your B67 adventures! Sounds like great fun...only thing better would be some photos!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

So, Saturday morning I hitched the B67 up to its 5th wheel RV, loaded with food, beer and other adult beverages, and off we went to the Jack Daniels Distillery in Lynchburg Tennessee. It seems that Lem Motlow left in his will, the provision that once a year the distillery would host a big picnic for all the old car buffs, and that the only requirement was that you drove an old car- or truck. We went down in convoy with several other old vehicles- held down to some 45 mph cruise, but made it easily in a couple hours. I had wisely booked an overnight camping space in the local RV park, so we went on and dropped the trailer and then returned to the car show. A B67 stands out- stands WAY in an old car show, and we soon had a crowd of admirers. The picic was held next door which happens to be in a "wet" county, so the Jack Daniels flowed free. BBQ, catfist and all the trimings completed the meal. I did my best to uphold expectations, and show my thanks to our whiskey-making hosts, but it was soon time to return, move the truck to the RV grounds and await the talkers and lookers who invariable are attracted to the big tractor crouching in the bushes. All this led to several more drinks of course. I understand I went to bed real early. But the drive home Sunday morning was really special- blasting along those country roads with the turbo whining. We had a pickup pass us, slow down, and a head and shoulders emerge from the rear window to take a few snapshots of us. That does not happen in a modern vehicle. Much fun.

Thanks for the report Dale, sounds like a good use of your beautiful truck- I have kept the pictures and story about you and it from ?? WOT?? Maybe even truck of the month from this site. I'd have to look- keeping it and knowing where to find it quickly are different things. My B had to sit out this years show in Baltimore, tanks started to rust through, so it has been in the shop for a month