Timeline Question

What was the timeline for some of the R's

After the B Models it went to R? What year did it start and when did the line stop?

Also did the RW take the spot of RD? And what are the differences between those models..

Thanks a ton in advance!!

"You som'bitches could'nt close an umbrella!"

The R model came into production in 64 or 66 and stopped production in 92-93. The Superline came into production in 78 I think and stopped production in 92-93. The RD was in production until 05 and RB was until 03 and the RD/RB took the spot of the RW. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

What was the timeline for some of the R's

After the B Models it went to R? What year did it start and when did the line stop?

Also did the RW take the spot of RD? And what are the differences between those models..

Thanks a ton in advance!!

Yes, the R-model came out in '65, the RD in '71, RWs in '78. B-models were discontinued in '66. R's were made until 1989, but variations of them were made after that. The RB model didn't come out until 1989, and were made until the end of the century...they might still make them, that's as far as the book goes. :rolleyes: The CH came out in '88.

The RD had a higher weight rating. The Superliners had a different hood and huge grill to accomidate a bigger radiator to keep the V8s cool.

from the Mack book, "Driven for a Century"

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Yes, the R-model came out in '65, the RD in '71, RWs in '78. B-models were discontinued in '66. R's were made until 1989, but variations of them were made after that. The RB model didn't come out until 1989, and were made until the end of the century...they might still make them, that's as far as the book goes. :rolleyes: The CH came out in '88.

The RD had a higher weight rating. The Superliners had a different hood and huge grill to accomidate a bigger radiator to keep the V8s cool.

from the Mack book, "Driven for a Century"

Thanks for that!!!...It seems the RW slips through the cracks. I dont see them around too much..especially in dumps, maybe because of the weight rating?

I think its a real nice looking truck though..would love to see more of it.

"You som'bitches could'nt close an umbrella!"

Guest 45LMSWM

... and the RD/RB took the spot of the RW. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

The Mack CL600/700 was the replacement for the RW600/RW700 series "Superliner II", pretty sure that came about in 1993. I believe that the CL used the same frame components as the RW and previously the MH, but I could be wrong. My friend's father purchased brand new what was said to be the "very last" Cat-powered RW700 tractor built in 1993, and i know that was just about the end of the production run.

The RB was the set-back axle version of the RD, and the RD itself was the heavy spec derivative of the basic R-model. For certain neither was ever designed as a replacement for the Superliner. The RD itself preceded the RW by some years, and all three trucks were in production simultaneously for a few years.

John