Fuel Tank Refurb

Moisture built up behind the placcards on my B-61 model tanks, had to cut out the rusted area. figure there is rust and weld metal in the tanks. got a radiator shop willing to re-furb and powder coat them. Any thing I should be aware of? They said powder coat and chrome were close in price. never saw chromed tanks, must be a reason- powder coat more durable? these are rectangular 40 gal tanks. figure it is worth the $ to keep junk out of fuel filters.

Powder coating is farely cheep compaired to chrome. For refrence I had a go cat frame and 4 rims sand blasted and powdercoated for $250. Its stronger than regular paint as its baked on. I have not had anything chromed but have had quoits for the trim on the hood and all the little pices were going to coast me around $300 with no gaurentee of the finish

Trent.

Thanks for the info. I'll definetly powder coat the tanks, and probable the front bumper too- all that black should look fine, maybe I'll add the piece of bar stock that goes in front of shutters on bars from bumper- don't know what it is called, but I'm tired of moving it around the garage