1977 mack dump truck. What models will interchange? Trying to pull power steering on this truck What all do i need to look for.Thanks

We'll need to know exactly what model your 77 Mack dump truck is to answer that question.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

A power steering box from any of the R600's from that era should bolt right in.

The R models usually used a TRW/Ross integral P/S unit. You'll also have to get the pump and oil tank, and make up the necessary lines to connect it all.

Some of the early R models used a combination pump/tank unit which was belt driven at the front of the engine, off the crank pulley.

A 1977 would have the spline driven pump attached to the rear of the air compressor, with a separate oil tank mounted at the right front of the frame.

If using the spline driven pump, you'll need to pull the back cover off your compressor and make sure the end of the compressor crankshaft is set up to accept the p/s drive adapter, and you'll also need the pump mounting adapter that bolts to the rear of the compressor and has the mounting flange where the pump bolts on.

Of these 2 setups, I prefer the spline driven pump if possible.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Hi, I just fitted power steering to my 69 R model and found i had to drill one new hole in chassis and re size 2 others for the mounting plate. i fitted a Ross box HFB70 and it has changed the turns from 20 turns lock to lock down to 6 turns lock to lock.

Grant