Pulling A Steering Column On An H-63

If yer ever looking to pull your column from your H model, take the three bolts loose from the steering box that bolts it to the lifter arms. Take the grille out and if you hold your nose just right you can slip it down through the floor and out the front grille area. Took me long enough to figure it out but now we know how it comes out.. The cab has to be in the tilted position to do it though.

Edited by 16390

So you never did get that tube out eh?

Rob

No I finally got it. Just had to tilt it forward, unbolt the steering box and it just slips down and forward through the grille area. Tight fit but better thatn lifting the cab up over the column. Atleast I know how to do that now, now if I just knew how to do everything else hmm...

No I finally got it. Just had to tilt it forward, unbolt the steering box and it just slips down and forward through the grille area. Tight fit but better thatn lifting the cab up over the column. Atleast I know how to do that now, now if I just knew how to do everything else hmm...

Very common operation to Ross built steering gears.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That's what was holding me up getting the cab off. My plan was to pull it off on Wednesday but got to go get my wisdom teeth pulled out instead so maybe Friday if I'm feeling better. Boy a cheeseburger and fries sounds so good right now.

I remember that well. Mine broke apart during the pull so the balance was "dug out" like broken bones from a road kill crow for stew......

You really don't need the cheeseburger and fries anyway; Clogs the veins.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.