Gear Ratio Switch

a 9 speed low low gear is 10.69 I think there is a "B" version with a lower ratio but most 9 speeds I have seen had the 10.69 ratio.

with 4.17s and low pro 24.5 you will have a ok low gear but not as deep as a 2 stick 6 speed. I have a 9 speed waiting to be rebuilt and will be installing it in my mack with 4.17 rears. It should be fine for most applacations but it wont be the best in the deep mud. I chose the 9 speed for the OD gearing and the extra gears in between. I want to use all of my maxidynes power

just my .02

a 9 speed low low gear is 10.69 I think there is a "B" version with a lower ratio but most 9 speeds I have seen had the 10.69 ratio.

with 4.17s and low pro 24.5 you will have a ok low gear but not as deep as a 2 stick 6 speed. I have a 9 speed waiting to be rebuilt and will be installing it in my mack with 4.17 rears. It should be fine for most applacations but it wont be the best in the deep mud. I chose the 9 speed for the OD gearing and the extra gears in between. I want to use all of my maxidynes power

just my .02

what if I put on tall 24's is that going to change the gearing that much ? I have set of aluminum buds with new tires ?

you will pick up a few mph up top but it will also make the low gear taller. most of the 9 speeds I have driven had between 4.64 - 5.02 rears. on 11r22.5 tires. all were great in the mud but I do remember having to realy use that low gear some times. I know 4.17s will work but it makes the truck more of a highway cruiser.

from my experince I can easly tell the diffrence if the truck had 4.64 rears or 5,02s. cant give much input on the tire dia diffrences as I have not driven many dirt trucks with tall 24.5 tires