R Model Front Springs

n2deep

We have put another R in the shop its all ready but the front suspension is all crapped up. It has one eye in front and two pads in back that sit in rubber. Every where I have tried I can't find the main wrap seperate only the stack. All I need is the main wrap because we are putting in a heavier front end. Does anyone know where I might find the main without the whole stack. Also wen't to spring service and they wont roll the wrap because he says he can't put the metal pads back on. Any help is greatly appreciated or am about ready to take on a new idea.

Edited by Meado

We have put another R in the shop its all ready but the front suspension is all crapped up. It has one eye in front and two pads in back that sit in rubber. Every where I have tried I can't find the main wrap seperate only the stack. All I need is the main wrap because we are putting in a heavier front end. Does anyone know where I might find the main without the whole stack. Also wen't to spring service and they wont roll the wrap because he says he can't put the metal pads back on. Any help is greatly appreciated or am about ready to take on a new idea.

Hi meado

Unless things have changed Mack will not sell idividual leaves any more after a fatal accident

i think in the US some time ago. At least here in AUST that was the case.

It is always better to have the spring re set to match the new leaf anyway.

it is not good to put a new leaf in a tired spring pack.

I just had two new springs made 3 months ago same type pad and pin

Here in OZ and my spring maker has always had the pads in stock.

shop around any good spring maker should be able to put the pads on. They are only riveted on anyway.

If Your spring maker can't do that. He is no good. It cost me $1375 for two springs pins and bushes...Mark