865 Parts

skip

Gday everyone, Im not sure if Ive asked this question before but I'll give it a go, Does anyone know if liners or cylinder kits are available for an END865/6? They arent available here in Australia, so I dont care if they are genuine, aftermarket or old stock in someones shed, any information would be appreciated. Thanks all, regards, Skip.

Gday everyone, Im not sure if Ive asked this question before but I'll give it a go, Does anyone know if liners or cylinder kits are available for an END865/6? They arent available here in Australia, so I dont care if they are genuine, aftermarket or old stock in someones shed, any information would be appreciated. Thanks all, regards, Skip.

Hi Skip, hard parts for those engines are getting scarce. I have several and they are becomming parts engines as time goes by. Head gaskets and upper sets are still available but a lower set is not. I've tried North America, South America, and Australia, and Germany with no such luck of any parts. I've not looked into used, or NOS on someone's shelf yet.

I did speak with Olson's gaskets and they can make the gasket set without problem but it is about $330.00. That is not out of line on pricing and about retail on the OEM Mack set when it was available through them.

PM me a list of what you are after and I'll do some investigating on this end about having some parts made. If I but some sets maybe we can get the cost a little more in reason.

We are not the only ones wanting to stay with these engines.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Skip, hard parts for those engines are getting scarce. I have several and they are becomming parts engines as time goes by. Head gaskets and upper sets are still available but a lower set is not. I've tried North America, South America, and Australia, and Germany with no such luck of any parts. I've not looked into used, or NOS on someone's shelf yet.

I did speak with Olson's gaskets and they can make the gasket set without problem but it is about $330.00. That is not out of line on pricing and about retail on the OEM Mack set when it was available through them.

PM me a list of what you are after and I'll do some investigating on this end about having some parts made. If I but some sets maybe we can get the cost a little more in reason.

We are not the only ones wanting to stay with these engines.

Rob

Gday Rob. Thanks for your interest, its a pity that parts are so scarce now. Im looking for sleeves and pistons mainly. Gasket sets are available thru some suppliers out here but are old stock. Ive heard of blokes getting sleeves made but it is fairly costly, maybe if there was a big enough demand they could be made cheaper. Fuel pumps and turbos are repairable, and non genuine valves and guides can be modified to suit. Ive got my machining man out here looking into maybe boring the block to take E9 sleeves, as the only difference is 1/8" od. Combustion chamber size and the fire rings might be the issue there. Anyway thats some food for thought. Nice chatting Rob, thanks for your time.

Skip

Gday Rob. Thanks for your interest, its a pity that parts are so scarce now. Im looking for sleeves and pistons mainly. Gasket sets are available thru some suppliers out here but are old stock. Ive heard of blokes getting sleeves made but it is fairly costly, maybe if there was a big enough demand they could be made cheaper. Fuel pumps and turbos are repairable, and non genuine valves and guides can be modified to suit. Ive got my machining man out here looking into maybe boring the block to take E9 sleeves, as the only difference is 1/8" od. Combustion chamber size and the fire rings might be the issue there. Anyway thats some food for thought. Nice chatting Rob, thanks for your time.

Skip

Hi Skip, I've not looked into modifying anything to accept different liners and yes, pistons can be made in any stroke of combination you could want. It is however, expensive to attain. The sealing gaskets and rings are not too difficult to obtain as they can be manufactured by Olson's gaskets. I imaging a set of pistons would run in the neighborhood of a couple thousand dollars, (US) but it has been many years since I've been down that road.

Keep your eyes open for parts and I'll do the same. I've called a guy that I used to chat with that ran Mack but have not heard back from him; Need to follow up.

Keep the faith, we'll persevere.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Skip

Try Thompsons transpory/ towing. Mt Victoria NSW

He had a load of V8 Mack stuff at one stage.....Mark