got the old B fired up today. Its been about 3 years sence I herd it bark. I think it got excited too as it almost pulled over the rubber tire loader I was running that was chained behind her when it fired up. My friend popped the cluch and mashed the pedal in a high gear, it blew a big black cloud and starrter running away faster than the maching LOL. he got it out of gear as the rpms came back down and all was good. Boy does it feel good to drive it again. I have a isse with the PTO gear and the clutch pedal adjustment but it looks like an easy fix?

:chili:

Trent

the seat and my paints are fine however my friend got a real good look at the windshield. when the 4 feet slack in the chain ran out. LOL. I had a chain wraped around the rear crossmember and had the bucket over the frame to push it along. when it took off running I tried to keep up but she had a little to much unburnt fuel that needed to be burned off first LOL. I think the rear tires on the loader came off the ground LOL. I pulled it this way incase she was a runaway so I could stop it. after I got things back under control I lifted the tandems off the cround and went thry the gears. boy did that 711 sounded good wound up again

Trent

Hey Trent,

Sounds like yall had some fun getting it running again!

Now if I could just get mine to break loose I might have just as much as you, Last weekend I had a buddy over and we were pushing it with one of my tractors and I tore the tailboard loose from the rear of the truck! It took us the rest of the weekend just to get some new mounts made and get it back into place. Unless you look under the truck you would never know what we did. I thought about pulling it but after hearing your story I think I will keep on pushing it from now on.

Dw

1948 Mack Pumper

Thats exactly why I like to push start things its easy to drag something around to start it but you never know what going to happen when it comes to life LOL. I put a few scratches in the cross member doing it this way but I like my trucks to have a few war scars. makes them more fun to drive not worring about everything around you.

I found why my new batt and starter was haveing an issue cranking. seams that the PTO idler gear that I took off another trans was not meshing like it should and it was binding. I took it off and she cranked over with a fresh charge on the batts.

Whats the status on the engine? last I heard it was stuck or something? ever find the issue?

Trent

Whats the status on the engine? last I heard it was stuck or something? ever find the issue?

Trent

Well I do know what is not wrong but, I still have not found the causeof what is wrong.

The last thing I have done is to take the oil pan off and inspect the bottem end, nothing looks or feels broken

and I have also ruled out the starter, tranny and rear end as well as the clutch and all the valves. only thing left that it could be (that I know of) is a stuck piston(s) or broken timing gear. I have used PB Blaster and MMO in the cylinders and by using a pry bar I can get the flywheel to budge just a little back and fourth, every few days I try to move it some more. I am hoping that one afternoon after work I will get under it and it will make some real progress and I can start putting it back togather. (again)

I really had wanted to get it on the road by spring, looks like I have another summer of body work in front of me again! After the looong wait for the water pump I think I can wait this out as well!

DW

1948 Mack Pumper