Mc Henry County Pull

Lmackattack

We pulled tonight at a last minut event.. ended up 2nd place. I lost first place by 1'!!!!mid 80s auto car with a cummins got me... Oh well. Our truck was still spinning all 4 corners in 2nd direct at the 273' mark.. she needs a gear between 2nd and 3rd to get some more road speed and gain another 10 -15 feet!!!! looks like we will have to play with the RPM?

Stark was 2' behind us.. (hows it feel) LOL!!!

a KW was just a few feet behind stark.

we all had a good time will have a vid soon

Trent

old reliable... 4.17s

How about if you find a set of 3.87's and drop 'em in there?

That would speed things up a little, the only drawback is you might tear up the driveshafts & U joints easier, cause you've still got the same reduction in the trans, but less "leverage" with the higher gears in the rear.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I was thinking 3.87s and still use 2nd direct or find some 5.02 and use 3rd direct?

We have the power at the end as all the wheels are spinning but the lack of better road speed in the middle of the pull causes us to louse the momentum quickly.. It leaves the gate very easy and we dont have to ride the clutch like most of the guys with cats or cummings do.

Trent