B85f

b61fred

hey,

I have a b85f fire truck that I am parting out, maybe someone might need some firetruck stuff that I won't be using on my truck. The pump is still intact and It would pump before I removed the engine. Lots of other odds and ends. let me know if you need anything. The truck is inside out of the weather.

Thanks

Fred

cj5fred@aol.com :SMOKIE-LFT:

15 gears...no waiting!

Hi Fred,

I am looking for the chrome rails and some of the pump panel parts are they in good shape?

Thanks,

Firemack

1954 B75 Fire truck at Radnor Fire Co.

See it on the old board as i haven't had time to move them to the new one yet!

Hi fireamack

the firebody has been cut off right behind the pump, so no rails, but some of the panel stuff is there, if you could decribe to me what you need It might be there.

Whats wrong with your engine that you are looking for another? also thanks for the ebay axle spot, I have been looking at that one but I dont have anyone in that area the could hold it for me untill I could get to it. I have to work to support my mack hobby, HAHA.

Let me know

Fred :mack1:

15 gears...no waiting!

Hi Fred,

My 464 spun #2 rod and the crank needs to be turned down to .30 and mains to .10-.20, recondition all of the rods and to top that off, I have .25 runout on the cylinder walls so need to bore it out sleeve and replace the pistons, adding up all that work and parts it makes more sense to look for a replacement block or parts block to get 1 good engine, since I can't find a new set of pistons.

Since your truck has the pump panel it may have the same same chrome panel , mine has 2 gauages and the tach on the chrome pump panel. it is about 12" X 18" so if yours is standard it should be the same one, if yours had the optional gauges it won't work, but I may use some of the gauages as replacement parts. Does your truck still have the booster reels and any other chrome hardware left? I will try to take a digital picture and post it for you. Where are you located?

Thanks,

Firemack

Hi Fred,

My 464 spun #2 rod and the crank needs to be turned down to .30 and mains to .10-.20,  recondition all of the rods and to top that off,  I have .25 runout on the cylinder walls so need to bore it out sleeve and replace the pistons, adding up all that work and parts it makes more sense to look for a replacement block or parts block to get 1 good engine, since I can't find a new set of pistons.

Since your truck has the pump panel it may have the same same chrome panel , mine has 2 gauages and the tach on the chrome pump panel. it is about 12" X 18" so if yours is standard it should be the same one, if yours had the optional gauges it won't work, but I may use some of the gauages as replacement parts. Does your truck still have the booster reels and any other chrome hardware left? I will try to take a digital picture and post it for you. Where are you located?

Thanks,

Firemack

tell you what I will do, I will post a couple of pictures of whats left and you can see if anything is there you want, most of the stuff you are asking for is long gone, although I did buy the truck from the hptowing guy, first name steve. He my know where that stuff went to. Good news on your engine, I was talking to a guy at a tractor show friday and he said that he pulled a motor out his mack back in the day and replaced it with a 673 diesel, he said it was about 450 cid, and it ran ok when pulled out. I will get on that for you, It still might be sitting in the corner of his shop or something. I am located in South west indiana.

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

Fred,

Was this guy Richard Wilbur, He had an old B75 Firetruck and replaced his 464 with a 673 Diesel. I lost his contact info if you have it that would be great.

Firemack

no, this guys name is paul helms, he has a b60, I think thats what it is. does it have to be that engine or will another cid mack engine work?

fred

15 gears...no waiting!

Fred,

I would like to keep it original, I did find one 1951 464 in Charlotte, so I can use the crank and pistons from that as donor to my block and may have the right parts, I can't tell until i get confirmation on the info from the owner. Thanks for the help!

Firemack

Firemack, From OldMacksrus; from a '57 B85F - 707 w/5spd 'runs very,very good' 16K mi.  CJ5FRED@AOL.COM (no posting date).  Good luck

Fred here,

Thats my truck, the engine is gone now, I have tried to change my ad on that site but I am not doing somthing right. I have not got the pictures yet but I have not forgot about you. I will try tonight, I will try to post them here, like I said if you need the stuff I am not going to use you can have it, maybe some trading or something.

Thanks fred

15 gears...no waiting!

• 2 weeks later...
hey,

I have a b85f fire truck that I am parting out, maybe someone might need some firetruck stuff that I won't be using on my truck. The pump is still intact and It would pump before I removed the engine. Lots of other odds and ends. let me know if you need anything. The truck is inside out of the weather.

Thanks

Fred

Hi Fred,

I'm looking for a windshield wiper control for vacuum wipers in a '58 B95. Do you have anything like that?

Pat Sullivan

hey,

Thanks

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!