Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
other dog

White 3000

5 posts in this topic

Saw this 3000 White sitting just east of Appomattox on rt. 460 at Wayne Moore's shop. I saw it last Sunday and was going to drive down there today and take some pictures, but it would have been dark by the time I got there, so I just got a drive by picture when I went by on the way back to Concord. Didn't I see this truck on here a while back, or a link to e-bay or something? Seems to me it said the truck was in Appomattox and the seller was in Maryland or somewhere. Know I saw it somewhere before.

Also, I finally remembered to bring the auction brochure from the L&H Trucking sale. Sale was Nov. 18, but here's some bad pictures of some of the antique trucks they sold.

And I should throw this picture in,because it's just a great picture,eh?

1 person likes this

I coulda'sworn i seen that before somewhere too,just not sure where! man i woulda liked to get that B-75 with the "L" cab,one of my favorites!.....liked the smokin'freightshaker too! my dad had a 1972 white freightliner C.O.E when he was leased with north american van lines 1693 CAT,13 speed,was a pretty good truck from what i can remember.........Mark

I coulda'sworn i seen that before somewhere too,just not sure where! man i woulda liked to get that B-75 with the "L" cab,one of my favorites!.....liked the smokin'freightshaker too! my dad had a 1972 white freightliner C.O.E when he was leased with north american van lines 1693 CAT,13 speed,was a pretty good truck from what i can remember.........Mark

Jeff said the owner of Abilene trucking bought a couple of those trucks but I don't know which ones. They sold several old Autocars too,unrestored.

I didn't know that the Peterbilt salesman that comes by the shop a lot was the Abilene owner's brother until Jeff Moore told me. He said they had an antique truck museum in Colonial Heights at exit 52 on 95 too, but I didn't see anything about it on Abilene's website.

Found the website for the museum- looks like mostly tractors, but a few trucks too. I see they have Gary Barr's Diamond T there too. I wondered what happened to it when Gary passed away.

http://www.keystonetractorworks.com/

Other dog the White 3000 was on Ebay 2 times that I saw it. It did not make reserve either time. I think it said Cummins C-180 powered. Joe D.

Interesting thread.

I was contacted a while ago by someone that wanted a White 3000 transported out of the Appomatox area. I suspect it would be this one. I never heard anything more about it, so I figure te deal fell through.

Also I was at the L&H auction, and the WC 28TD Jumbo Cab came home with me. There are only 6 Jumbo Cabs left that we are aware of, so it's a rare truck.