•  

• Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com

Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com, the best resource on the Internet for Antique, Classic and Modern Mack Trucks!  

Please login or register to take advantage of everything BMT has to offer.  Memberships are Free and offer many benefits:

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
    • Showcase your trucks in our Garage
    • Photo Gallery, Member Blogs and much more...
    • Add events to our community calendar
    • Create your own profile and make new friends
    • Customize your experience!
    • Mack Dealer and Corporate personnel can contact the ADMIN after registration for access to the Dealer Forums.

If you are having trouble logging in or haven't received your validation email, you can post as a guest in the Guest Forum.

login  register
    Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Speed Sensor>>>

• Please log in to reply
    6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   flsvt

flsvt

Rookie

• Puppy Poster
    • Pip
    • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:54 PM

there has been old trucker stories of drivers adjussting the speed sensor on hte back of the trans out some to get a higher governed speed (i guess due to the sensor not reading correctly) does this have any truth? 60mph is getting old fast.

its a 2005 vision 350hp with a 6speed trans

Edited by flsvt, 07 December 2010 - 09:55 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   Mackpro68

Mackpro68

BMT Certified Know-It-All!

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,203 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:36 PM

there has been old trucker stories of drivers adjussting the speed sensor on hte back of the trans out some to get a higher governed speed (i guess due to the sensor not reading correctly) does this have any truth? 60mph is getting old fast.

its a 2005 vision 350hp with a 6speed trans

It is possible (sometimes)to unplug the speedometer sensor and the truck will run wide open MPH, however most owners/companys who have their road speeds turned down have the MPH sensor tamper settings enabled. What this means is if you unplug the sensor/tamper with the adjustment or any fault occurs with the MPH sensor it will derate the HP and you will be worse off than just leaving it alone.

#3 OFFLINE   rhasler

rhasler

Wotta revoltin' development

• 1,877 posts
    Contributor

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:40 PM

Backing the speed sensor out will probably cause the engine to derate and set a 4-1 fault code.
    "Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

#4 OFFLINE   flsvt

flsvt

Rookie

• Puppy Poster
    • Pip
    • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:44 PM

well i tried to unplug the sensor it will run wide open only down fall is that it cuts the power down alot.... and there is no odometer. any other ideas you guys could think of to get this girl moving.

#5 OFFLINE   rhasler

rhasler

• 1,877 posts
    Contributor

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:01 PM

well i tried to unplug the sensor it will run wide open only down fall is that it cuts the power down alot.... and there is no odometer. any other ideas you guys could think of to get this girl moving.

A dealership can reprogram the ECU to turn the road speed limiting feature off

#6 OFFLINE   flsvt

flsvt

Rookie

• Puppy Poster
    • Pip
    • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:32 PM

this is what i thought of today i wanna try and hook up another sensor to the harness and see if it will give it its power back (my boss is cheap he wont send it to the dealer at all)

#7 OFFLINE   rhasler

rhasler

• 1,877 posts
    Contributor

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:01 PM

this is what i thought of today i wanna try and hook up another sensor to the harness and see if it will give it its power back (my boss is cheap he wont send it to the dealer at all)

Just plugging in a new sensor won't do anything, the sensor has to read voltage produced by the transmission. A new sensor will cost as much as having the speed limit removed/changed. It should take about 10-15 minutes if that's all you have them do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users