B-model Pictures (not Sure Of Exact Year)

fire4t3

Not sure of the exact year and model. My father was a newark, n.j. fireman and was assigned to this engine company and drove this mack. I down loaded these pics from the website www.newarkfirehistory.com ,they showcase a different newark fire apparatus every week.

eng_11_5.bmp

eng_11_6.bmp

eng_11_4.bmp

Edited by fire4t3

Fire 413,

Thanks for posting these pictures, that is a great looking B model mack. From the body and air filter, it looks like a 63-66 B model, it has the full compartments on the rear body and what looks like a diesel air cleaner. Also very rare in the east is the Budd type wheels. Any ideas where that truck is today?

Firemack

Not sure of the exact year and model. My father was a newark, n.j. fireman and was assigned to this engine company and drove this mack. I down loaded these pics from the website www.newarkfirehistory.com ,they showcase a different newark fire apparatus every week.

Those pics are from the 1960's. I believe it was a gas job. Newark had a few b-models in their fleet. Not sure where that truck is today, probably was recycled in a scrap yard many years ago, when Newark gets rid of a rig its usually pretty tired and battle-weary after a long hard life. Here are a few more pics of this mack. Also Newark has a b-model that was recently fully restored and is used as a caison for funerals and parades. It was never actually saw service for the city of newark. It was owned by a westinghouse factory fire brigade in I believe Harrison, N.J. I'll post some pics soon that I have on my other computer