Enf 707a 180-51: Engine Help

cf685f

Guys I am brand new to the forum, but wanted to get my first post out there. My Fire department has a L85 with a blown up 707A. I found another complete motor up in Baltimore County, MD. I now have it in the shop and have been working with Tracey @ Watt's to get parts. I cant find the serial # anywhere? Where do I look.

I found the ENF707A number behind the oil fill cap; I found the block casting #s; there are stamped #s a each spark plug and three stamped #s on the side of the block behind the distributors. Tracey said the #s should be like GB11, but none of the numbers match.

Thanks for your help. Tim

707A

707A

707A

707A

707A

Well I just got back from the local Mack dealer and as I suspected there is no hand stamped serial # on the block. They were not sure what to tell me as the block many years ago was sand blasted and this must have removed the numbers. I have it down to a 707A, but Watts is telling me there were 6 different rebuild kits for a 707A because of bearing and crank sizes. Anyone know how I can easily tell the difference, so I can get a rebuild kit on order from Tracey?