Camelback Frame Mounting

Ossablt

What years was the outer frame mounted camelback suspension used? Was the outer mounting used with the lighter rear axles?

Ossablt I have seen them on B models and i know they were on early R models, That is the 4 point mounting

We call them Eagle Claw mounting here in OZ. I have only seen them on heavyweight 44's and up

Don't know when they came out. Mark

Ossablt I have seen them on B models and i know they were on early R models, That is the 4 point mounting

We call them Eagle Claw mounting here in OZ. I have only seen them on heavyweight 44's and up

Don't know when they came out. Mark

Hi, ive known it as the crows foot mounting, the 69 flintstone has it and the 75 FR700 i wrecked had it, see pic. and the 76 R600 water truck I scrapped had it also.

its beeter than the other system i have been told.

Grant

post-2194-1241009946_thumb.jpg

Hi, ive known it as the crows foot mounting, the 69 flintstone has it and the 75 FR700 i wrecked had it, see pic. and the 76 R600 water truck I scrapped had it also.

its beeter than the other system i have been told.

Grant

Grant,

Is the pic of the ones out of the 75 & 76? Are they for sale?

Vance

Grant,

Is the pic of the ones out of the 75 & 76? Are they for sale?

Vance

Hello, the second set in maybe???, there out of the 69 flintstone and are the same as the front set, ratio is 5.32

the front ones are a 5.13, still wrong ratio for what I need, but they will get it going for now.

Grant

What years was the outer frame mounted camelback suspension used? Was the outer mounting used with the lighter rear axles?
HI, I think the mounting is referred to as a pedestal, it is a cast steel pedestal. Its been around virtually unchanged since at least the L models, 1940 and maybe developed just before then. I think that was the only one until the inside frame mounted pedestal was produced, maybe around the time the B model was released and it appears this was the lightweight pedestal, it was also a cast steel unit used up till about mid 60's. Then came the fabricated pedestal which is also inside frame mounted and I think there was a heavyduty version also. I think the heavy cast pedestal was used up until about early 90's when airbag became the norm. Mack was using a camelback style spring on tandems in the mid 30's with a different pedestal arrangement. These are just my opinions based on my obsevations studying Macks. Hope this helps you, regards Jeffro.