1998 Ms 300p - Opinions On Durability And Maintainability

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and am hoping I can get a little insight from experienced users. I'm looking to purchase a 1998 Mack MS 300p...the truck is in very good shape with the exception of the motor...I don't know exactly what is wrong but there is a lot of oil in the coolant and the motor runs real rough. The price is good enough for me to justify spending money to fix/rebuild the motor, if it is fairly reasonable to do so, but everyone that I ask about this particular truck, is telling me to stay away as they are made by Renault and thus are very costly to fix and parts are hard to find.

Do any of you have an opinion on this? Are the people I'm talking to overreacting?

Thanks for the insight,

Wylie

I will step in, i had one, good on fuel, not the most powerfull thing thu, yes renualt makes them and mack sold then, there is alot of them sitting for parts in junk yards anymore if you are in the right place, i liked my motor so much i still have it and the trany, the cab rusted off of mine, but that might of had to do with all of this salt and brine they pour on the roads around here anymore :mack1: