2003 Mack CX 613 wastegate derate issues

Walkyrie_Engineering

Question

been having this problem for quite some time now, I keep getting a 4-5 flash code and the engine seems to lose power (naturally right before the crest of a hill or right when you most need the boost) I replaced the turbo, so i know it's not a mechanical issue, and checked the airline going from the manifold to the wastegate and no apparent leaks and pushing air through the line actuates the wastegate. so at this point I'm not sure where else to go manifold pressure gauge reads boost pressure is it possible that the boost pressure sensor may be faulty reading a higher psi than is actually there?

On 7/14/2022 at 3:50 PM, Joey Mack said:

so ...   how does it know how to dump boost early??  is the actuator wrong or weak.?  jojo

As far as I understand the Pressure from the manifold goes through the hose to the actuator which is basically the same principal as a mini brake can and the pushrod opens up the wastegate dumping excess boost. i guess the ECM verifies this by the Manifold Boost pressure gauge and comparing it with engine data if the boost is higher than the ECM likes it cuts the power to the engine to prevent damage, new turbo came with new actuator, already installed and the adjustment rod is spot welded from factory no leaks in the line from the manifold and the fitting and port on the manifold are clean with no obstruction boost gauge reads accurately just replaced the sensor, either the waste gate isn't opening enough or maybe its a computer issue?