2014 CHU No Directionals

LITTR

Question

Truck has had intermittent loss of directionals over the last few months. Driver states he shuts truck off and then turn back on and the directionals work again. The other day they completely stopped working. I checked power, swapped out directional switch with one I had on the shelf, checked all connections, and still nothing. I did find a drop in voltage (about 1 volt) coming out of electronic flasher. I did not think this would make a difference. What I found to be weird is that with the power disconnected from flasher, if I power the left or the right at the switch harness with my probe the blinker will start working (how is it blinking without the flasher?). Plug the harness back in and nothing. In the end, I reconnected everything with the original switch, sent direct battery power with my probe to the load side of the flasher and everything works. I took my probe off and the blinkers now continue to work, although there is a distinct difference in flash pattern from when I had battery power connected. Can anyone make sense out of this?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet